No discount for seniors

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

No discount for seniors

Postby emsworthhawk » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:08 am

It was posted by Michael in another topic that there are no longer discounts for seniors.

There have been no comments on this subject.

I have been a season ticket holder for a number of years , having been introduced by some fiends to the club

I meet my friends in Havant before the game and have a couple of pints and lunch before we all go to the Westleigh for a final pint before the game , so please do not think these are the rants of a tee-totaler!!

What has annoyed me for a number of seasons is the growing number of people who drink excessively before the game and stay in the club / pub up until half time and then go in for free ( some years ago three of them admitted this to me ).
They have no season ticket nor do they make any payment.

Some years ago a ticket was issued when paying at the turn stiles and had to be shown if you left the ground at half time if you wanted to return.
This practice is still widespread at away grounds.
Can it not be re-introduced to stop these free loaders , especially if it is to the expense of seniors.

The practice is becoming more common , and in some instance it appears that some of the people concerned struggle to walk upright once in the ground.
emsworthhawk

Re: No discount for seniors

Postby ade » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:11 pm

take ya point about seniors, but the £99 season ticket was simply an awesome deal which benefitted everyone.

don't think we can really complain about value for money with entry available at about a fiver?

totally agree with your other point about snaking in at halftime....

without being too heavy people should be ashamed ripping off our community club after sampling the benefits of cheapo beers in our awesome club?

just needs our stewards to ask to see season tix at halftime and a ticket issued on the cash turnstile if people can't be trusted?
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby Michael » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:01 pm

I'm sorry but the season ticket does not benefit everyone. For many reasons seniors are unable to attend all games and to charge £15 for those they can seems a legitimate complaint. Discounts for seniors have been available for many years so why the change now?
Michael

Postby westbourne bill2 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:42 pm

If drinkers are walking in for free at HT, the stewards are either complicit or incompetent. Either way it’s wrong, even if the club think it acceptable.
westbourne bill2

Postby brummie » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:12 pm

1 have been supporting havant &waterlooville ever since i moved into the area in 1983,and i find it hard to believe
that for the first time since i became a oap i was asked to pay full price.I turned arround and walked away.i will not be coming again untill the price is reduced.
brummie

Postby ade » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:04 pm

Michael wrote:I'm sorry but the season ticket does not benefit everyone. For many reasons seniors are unable to attend all games and to charge £15 for those they can seems a legitimate complaint. Discounts for seniors have been available for many years so why the change now?

fair enough....

just a thought, if you paid £99 for a ST and only came to half the games that still works out about £10?

which still seams a good oap discount to me?
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby Michael » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:05 pm

Because the pandemic has been particularly hard for children the club's decision to provide free season tickets to local children is a worthy initiative. The half price discount for their parents is very generous but does seem very unfair on those loyal seniors who still have to stump up the full price. So, come on Charlotte, and do the right thing for us elderly loyal supporters by restoring the seniors discount, please.
Michael

Postby emsworthhawk » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:20 pm

Ade , I do understand your point about the season ticket , and yes it is good value, but I am sure there are a few who only come 4 or 5 times a season , and in the current economic climate , that is a large sun out of the income for those on a state pension ( and that is a great deal for people of that generation did not have the benefit of company pension schemes in a great many cases)

I just wonder if there are concessions for away supporters attending West Leigh Park - if not I can see other teams reciprocating when we visit them
emsworthhawk

Postby GaryPratt » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:29 pm

Hi All

As per my first post (on the main message board), we really hope this will solve any issues our Senior support had with matchday pricing. By being one of the first 1000 to take up the offer of just £6 entry per game.

I am listening, and this will be a regular update on club matters.

Thanks

Gary
GaryPratt

Return to Hawk Lounge