Bitterly disappointed

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Bitterly disappointed

Postby 88aml » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:05 pm

So that was a huge disappointment after feeling like the first half went well and we got our noses in front. Then a moment of complete stupidity I’m sorry people on Twitter blaming the ref and saying it wasn’t a red don’t understand the rules you can’t try to hack a player down in anger. I hope Josh apologies to his teammates because no doubt that was a turning point. As soon as Dartford got in front I felt there was no hope. No complaints about the penalty from me. Still onto next season with a nice new picture, and some fresh faces hopefully we’ll go one step further. It’s a shame the season couldn’t be finished as I would of like to of seen if we could of pushed more and more completed the season unbeaten away. Credit should go to the boys for the imperious away form. As for today like I said I feel like that moment of complete stupidity from Taylor cost the Hawks the game.
88aml

Re: Bitterly disappointed

Postby baz » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:19 am

Cant complain about the result. When a player acts the twat by lashing out and another gives away a needless penalty you know you're up against the wall. Nicky Bailey gets moved to right back and has a nightmare against the Dartford winger, did Gomis get a touch of the ball during the second half, if so I must have blinked, Rory unsurprisingly looked rusty after his long lay off, Jonah missing a header in the last minute, apart from all that we did OK.

COYH
baz

Postby Pompeyred » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:07 pm

How we’ve waited.... for something very much the same.

Downpour, man sent off, getting beat by a team who aren’t as good as us*

For many reason mostly the lay off it seemed like we never really got going, even at 1 nil we were second best and never really had control of the game at any time. Credit Dartford really who adapted better than we did.

Josh Taylor was stupid beyond belief, totally no need and despite all the above with 11 men I feel we would have won. I’ve no doubt he knows he f******d up, he will have next season to right that wrong.

Onwards and upwards now, we must try to go one better

* on paper if course, yesterday they were better than us.
Pompeyred

Postby ade » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:27 pm

yep! josh fucked up and possibly cost us the game.

I literally fuck up every day, my mission is not to make the same mistake tomorrow....

I hope people lambasting josh don't make mistakes?

does anyone really think it wasn't subconscious?

maybe better to focus on home form and pens....

yeah baby....
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby 88aml » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:11 pm

Sorry Ade the we all make mistakes so we can’t criticise is a poor excuse. And no it wasn’t subconscious. Ade it was petulant and Brainless and I’d expect to be lambasted and disciplined for such a poor decision in my job especially as it was such a costly mistake too.
88aml

Postby ade » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:32 pm

fairdos mate....

one thing we do agree on, I was stunned anyone didn't think it was a nailed on red card! :wtf:
ade

Postby Adam » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:40 pm

ade wrote:one thing we do agree on, I was stunned anyone didn't think it was a nailed on red card! :wtf:

Galey was adamant it was a yellow on Solent (whilst Cliff gently and repeatedly reminded him of "intent")
Reserves the right to randomly switch between "glass half full" and "glass half empty" on a whim.
Adam

Postby ade » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:08 pm

then I put it to you adam that galey smokes green mike....
ade

Postby Allen » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:54 am

Tbh s**t happens in a game. Josh wasn’t clever but I felt we should’ve had enough to get the job done. At half time I was still pretty confident. If was only when I saw the half time changes that my heart sunk and the negative vibes kicked in. At no point in the second half did I feel any of those changes worked.

Have to say I think the squad of 2018 would’ve got the job done.

Ah well, I’m off to find some grass.
Portsmouth Senior Cup Winners 2015 & 2017; Runners-Up 2016
Allen

Postby ade » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:39 pm

lay off the squidgy, al, you'll be on a mission! :sick:

stick to the green natural! 8-)
ade

Return to Hawk Lounge