Another Opportunity 4u :)

Discussion forum for the over-50 walking football team.

Another Opportunity 4u :)

Postby CyprusHawk » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:54 pm

I popped over to UK last year and was lucky enough to witness Hawks beat Dorking 6-0 and draw 0-0 with Chelmsford. I also visited the Walking Footballers -MSoG and played with them, having great fun. I've sent forum messages previously but no one has ever contacted me since. I know the Covid-19 issues probably haven't helped but i'm putting my email here for someone to contact me at your leisure info@pafosunitedwalkingfootball.com as once this coronavirus is all over we'd love to invite you over to Cyprus - for a few matches, perhaps O50s, O60s & O70s? We know you are affiliated to Hawks, and we're about to strike up a partnership with Pafos FC who play in Cyta Championship here in Cyprus. One of our star Players is Jason Puncheon. We've just released Bakary Sako and Danny Williams. We finished 7th in CC. Anyway our Walking Football has started again on 24th June after 3 months of not playing. We play 3 times a week. Tuesdays & Fridays at 8.15am and then on Wednesday evenings at 6.15pm. We have 65 Registered players and have facebook pages: Pafos United Walking Football and Ageless Walking Football Association (Pafos) and our own website www.pafosunitedwalkingfootball.com please feel free to have a look and contact us. We play to WFA rules in the main. We are affiliated to WFA and also Cyprus WFA which i am co-founder of with Pafos Utd Chairman Malcolm Bushell. I'm also the Pafos Utd club secretary. Additionally we only know of 1 other team in Cyprus - Pissouri Plodders who have a few players that used to play with us. We need to promote the sport and try to get more teams on board. Our hope is to set up a full national league and association here in Cyprus as well as a national team. As part of the Pafos United set up we have our own Mini League that is nearing its end. We have 4 teams with squads of 10 and play matches on the last Saturday of each month. We play 12 matches over 6 months - though recently something has kept us from playing :) we have just 2 matches left - scheduled to now play on 25th July. After this Mini League 1 we are having a Trophy Presentation, BBQ and live band that evening. We have sponsors, our own kit and play at AM Fair Game Sports Center, Tremithousa. So have a look at our website, and if you are interested in a tour, speak nicely to see if you can get some help from Hawks and also we can get Pafos FC to arrange some discounted accommodation. Flights will be cheap at the moment!! Its very safe here, we came out of lockdown on 21st May 2020 - then most restrictions were lifted 9th June. So please get in touch. We'd love to hear from you. Chas
CyprusHawk

Return to Hawks Walking Football