Walking football for the over-50s

Discussion forum for the over-50 walking football team.

Re: Walking football for the over-50s

Postby Probably Shirts » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:58 am

mucky matelot wrote:Sounds like a normal day filming for me except for the force 9 wind whizzing through my executive box.

Too much information there I think. :o

Steve, I dropped a dvd in for you behind the bar at the Westleigh on Friday - did you get it OK, and if so does it work?
Probably Shirts

Postby jcwm » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:10 pm

Thanks for the DVD Stu and especially Camerawag. Very professional. All I can say is that any possible opposition should be afraid...be very afraid! I hope none of the DVDs get in to the wrong hands so that the oppo can work out our tactics and quality of play. :shh:
jcwm

Postby mucky matelot » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:59 pm

mucky matelot

Postby Probably Shirts » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:06 am

Brilliant editing - and doesn't Clive's bullet header look great in slo-mo? 8-)

Thanks for doing that Steve, hope to see you with us again in the New Year if you can make it. :thumbup: :clap:
Probably Shirts

Postby happyinspain » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:36 pm

Before the Christmas training and match report, Here is the news

There is a possibility that the HAWKS over 50’s walking football team’s server has been hacked and the team have been warned not to publish any part of the recent match footage online or in any public cinema etc. We are unsure whether this threat is from North Korea or North End! :oops:

It has been confirmed that at long last Eastleigh have agreed to host our mighty squad for a match in the New Year, any score predictions? :geek:

With the special one arriving late, our warm up was reduced to jogs, skips and stretches. Thankfully no brain frying complicated drills that vex us all each week. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

The sky was full of tumultuous, dark ragged clouds which grew ominously as the wind howled through the stadium.
With our largest turnout to date we welcome Jeff, who will be known as Jeff the Influential due to his position on the board at Westleigh.

Two teams of 7 were selected, the Voracious Vivids squared up to the Byzantine Baby Blues.
A very tight match ensued with the deadlock broke in the 14th minute by the Vivids, The Baby Blues battled hard and a brace form Matt The Miss turned the tables, this didn’t last and the score soon became 2 all, Paul The Surf who spent the first 20 minutes of the match in goal due to a reoccurring injury, came onto the field for the final 10 minutes and within 30 seconds had put the Vivids back into the lead with a stunning strike. 3-2 to the Vivids into injury time, Galesy takes the corner for the Baby Blues, a high ball whipped in, Matt The Miss rose like a gazelle with a point blank header, Stewart The Voice in goal blocked and parried the ball clear with the save of the match brilliant! The Vivids took the match with a well-deserved 3-2 victory.
The whole team just improve week on week the word SKILL is not powerful enough to describe the football played.

This week we start with Joe The Mighty up front a towering authority a menace for the defence, Tony The Wall lived up to his name, in goal incredible, athletic and brave, Stewart The Voice mobile and menacing, The Wok amazing ball skill, dare I say reminiscent of David Silva woka woka boom boom, Jeff The Influential fitted in immediately with great vision throughout, George The Safe such a powerful presence, Clive The Nimble wonderful spicy ball skills, Pete The Fast dexterous and may I suggest graceful football, Dave The New dominating and controlling, Rob The Fit talented and effortless player, Dave The Not So New will now be renamed Dave The Slick masterful and polished performance, last but not least we all stare in wonder at the athleticism and control of John The Nipper. :thumbup:

Closing items

We all thank the generosity of Stewart The Voice and Cathy The Wag for bringing the very professionally produced and presented DVD’s of last week’s match, BILLIANT :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

We thought of clubbing together to purchase a Gold Rolex for the special one to assist him on getting to training on time and for all his efforts with us this year, in the end due to his delicate nature we didn’t want to embarrass him, so…… As they say Galesy ‘It’s the thought that counts’ :o :o

So to sign off for 2014, Huge thanks to all the squad for making Thursday mornings so enjoyable, I predict great things for 2015. The biggest thanks of all to The Special One, who makes it all possible, nice one Galesy thanks for your commitment. :thumbup: :clap:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND PROSPERIOS NEW YEAR
happyinspain

Postby RKelly » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:21 pm

Excellent report as usual Matt!! Although I have to say I was truly gutted at the end of the game yesterday. I really wanted to finish on a high for 2014, but managed to put in my worst performance since the first training session back in September! There are lots of excuses I could pick from.......a very stiff back, a sore left ankle, the wind, the rain, the earlier start..the list is endless!! So I want to apologise to my fellow Baby Blue team members for a very under par performance - John, Matt, Tony, Clive and George...sorry guys! Hopefully all will be corrected at our first training session in 2015 on 8th January!!

Many thanks to Stewart and Steve for the DVD and input to Youtube and the Hawks website!

Marry Christmas and Happy New Year all!!
RKelly

Postby Probably Shirts » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:47 pm

RKelly wrote:There are lots of excuses I could pick from.......a very stiff back, a sore left ankle, the wind, the rain, the earlier start..the list is endless!!

Simpler than that Rob.... no bike! :crazy:

Glad you enjoyed the dvd, it was fun putting it together - but most of all it has been fun being part of the whole thing. The enthusiasm for the game, and the effort that goes into the sessions have both been more than I ever expected or hoped for when I first turned up.

As Matt says, here's to 2015 and the squad going from strength to strength. :D :D
Probably Shirts

Postby Probably Shirts » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:41 pm

Many thanks to Matt the Clarkson for arranging a pre-training warm-up for some of us at half-time yesterday. :wave:
Brilliant improvisation by Pete the May to get him unbogged down after some iffy revving by Paul the Hammond. :thumbup:
Looking forward to Thursday for some gentler exercise!!
Probably Shirts

Postby Probably Shirts » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:06 pm

Probably Shirts

Postby RKelly » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:35 pm

just had a look at these Stewart, and clearly we have been doing it wrong for the past four months or so!!! Most of the players in these teams are obviously running!!! Maybe Joe had it right yesterday with the two goals he had disallowed for 'running'!!!! :P
RKelly

PreviousNext

Return to Hawks Walking Football