Walking football for the over-50s

Discussion forum for the over-50 walking football team.

Re: Walking football for the over-50s

Postby happyinspain » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:05 pm

A huge apology to all the avid readers for the lack of update last week, i found this site to be so slow all week, and couldn't manage to log on.

I will post a full report tomorrow. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
happyinspain

Postby RKelly » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:01 pm

As I said at training this morning, I was soo looking forward to a report on last week's game, given that it was a 7-7 thriller with one team coming back from 7-4 down!!! Looking forward to this week's report Matt!!!! :P :P
RKelly

Postby Probably Shirts » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:02 pm

Matt, I tried to find your blog using the directions you gave us today, but couldn't find it. Can you post the link here for us?

Good result today, 8-8. But coming after last week's 7-7 draw, maybe we need to work on our defending? :think:
Probably Shirts

Postby jcwm » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:51 pm

Really missing you guys :wave: but I guess wandering along the beach with a blue sky and the temperature in the 80's is a reasonable alternative :thumbup: Will not be back for next week either :(

Any news on entering any tournaments? I recollect Shaun talking about a tournament coming up this weekend.
jcwm

Postby mucky matelot » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:40 pm

Nice to see the strikers doing well without me :clap:
mucky matelot

Postby Fatbloke@football » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:35 am

has any one seen my wok ?I need to iron my shirt before next week
Fatbloke@football

Postby happyinspain » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:03 pm

For all the ardent followers of our efficacious and entertaining over 50's team, here is the long awaited match report. :thumbup:

Firstly apologies to everyone who were expecting us at half time on Monday at the Preston game, we were due to appear to show our skill set off to the 2500 crowd and the TV audience, but Bradders and Simon Grayson thought a brass band was better entertainment :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
yesterday morning was cold and wet with a brisk wind sweeping the rain across the pitch, but the old faithful were there and ready to express their ever growing skills, despite the heavy sky.

With the vigorous warm up over, a match was under way of 3 x 12 minute matches. the two teams were the baby blues v the vivid pinks, the match was played at a blistering pace and the expertise and skill of all that played shone.

A group of local students came next to us under the guise of playing cricket, we now know that they were there to watch in awe as we plied our craft, they stared in wonderment as Stewart the Voice, Dave the new and Rob carved their way through the vivids defence and took a commanding lead, Paul the Surf, Derek the Wok, Joe the mighty and Danny recovered well showing control and pace and soon regained the lead, in the final minutes it was all square when the surf and Danny produced a adept move, with the Surf thundering home a bullet of a shot to take the lead 8-7, with a minute left Galesy produced a bit of magic and fired past the floundering wok, once again a draw 8-8.

We need to mention the unfortunate George who once again is out with calf issues (but as a committed member of the team still turned up), hurry up George we need you back.

A special mention to The Wok, who provides us with comedy second to none as he 'leaps like a salmon' in the goal.

Finally as always a genuine big thanks to Galesy, who endures an hour of hard work and an uphill struggle to try and get us to grasp the basics, but i'm sure i speak for all my colleagues that for us its one of the best most enjoyable hours of the week. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
happyinspain

Postby Probably Shirts » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:25 pm

Classic. :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap:
Probably Shirts

Postby Probably Shirts » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:15 pm

jcwm wrote:Any news on entering any tournaments? I recollect Shaun talking about a tournament coming up this weekend.

Shaun was saying this week that the Beasts have challenged us to a game at their place, possibly a Thursday morning in December at their place; they have an astro surface behind the main pitch.
I also spotted that Grotspot have got a WF scheme going, being run by some bloke called Sam Pearce. :roll:
Probably Shirts

Postby RKelly » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:06 pm

Brilliant Matt, well worth the wait!!!

Bring on Eastleigh and Gosport we will give them both a stuffing!!!

Derek...have you found that wok yet????
RKelly

PreviousNext

Return to Hawks Walking Football