Walking football for the over-50s

Discussion forum for the over-50 walking football team.

Re: Walking football for the over-50s

Postby Probably Shirts » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:16 pm

Matt, you forgot one thing.....

all together now..... "Mighty Joe makes Messi look shite!"

:clap: :clap:
Probably Shirts

Postby Probably Shirts » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:54 am

Gents....

this Thursday I'll be bringing Cathy the WAG along with our camcorder.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to leave straight after the session, so won't be able to share the piccies on the day. However I'll drop whatever we get onto dvds and bring them along the following week.

On Thursday we can have a chat about how we feel as a group about maybe getting a copy to Mucky so that if he's got time to edit and post on YouTube then.....
Probably Shirts

Postby mucky matelot » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:33 pm

No problem whatsoever in doing that, just a shame I can't get more time off to join you
mucky matelot

Postby RKelly » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:56 am

great idea Stewart
RKelly

Postby Fatbloke@football » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:10 am

awaiting :crazy: with nervous anticipation as the camera crew prepare for the first televised training session
wondering if they have brought the wide angled lens to get the mighty wok in action
Fatbloke@football

Postby happyinspain » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:44 am

I can confirm there are two TV crews turning up this morning, please make sure you all look your best and NO fancy dress this week please!!!!!
happyinspain

Postby Probably Shirts » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:37 pm

Hi all,
just to say that the camerawag is to be overheard on the soundtrack supporting the pinks. :thumbup:
If you want unbiased videography, go elsewhere. There are also some lingering shots of me just wandering about. I must be her hero.

However... we have full match coverage! Apart from when it was bright and sunny and she couldn't necessarily see what she was filming, in which cases it is sometimes not quite full match coverage. But she got most of it. Although there are times when she was cleaning the rain off the lens and it is difficult to see through the streaks.
But we have full match coverage!
My next task is to try to stitch it all together and drop it onto dvd. We can sell them at the club shop :eh:
I'll try to get a sensible copy to Steve and see what he can do with it. It is mp4 format Steve, is that OK?
Probably Shirts

Postby mucky matelot » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:17 pm

Sounds like a normal day filming for me except for the force 9 wind whizzing through my executive box. Mp4 is what all the highlights are on. Will have my laptop with me on Saturday as usual so can transfer over then if you want
mucky matelot

Postby Probably Shirts » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:21 pm

mucky matelot wrote:Sounds like a normal day filming for me except for the force 9 wind whizzing through my executive box. Mp4 is what all the highlights are on. Will have my laptop with me on Saturday as usual so can transfer over then if you want

Steve I'm not about on Saturday.
I'll leave you a copy of the dvd (in a plain brown envelope :shh: ) behind the bar today (Friday) at the Westleigh if that's OK.

I might leave a copy for Shaun as well so that he can show it to the first team on the way to Weymouth to give them inspiration!
Probably Shirts

Postby happyinspain » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:56 pm

Before the training and match update this week’s news.

Reports have been coming in that there have been spies and talent spotters from rival clubs, this has led to us not being able to arrange any matches as all the other squads are running scared. :wave: :wave:

Update from Westleigh Park, apparently the management and coaches etc are all on a pre-Christmas health kick consisting mainly of ‘Herbalife’ milkshakes, we’ve been in discussions with our team of nutritionists who have advised us to remain on the doughnut and chocolate biscuit diet. :shock: :shock:

OK, on to the pitch. We welcome back John the Nipper, unfortunately The Surf was side-lined today with an aggravated calf, yet we still had a full turnout of 12 gladiators preparing for battle.

Joe the Mighty took the basic warm up getting carried away and leading the team on a vicious kidney shaker, once recovered we move on to a Galesy special involving triangles, a diamond, 2 balls and an irritating guy with a whistle MAYHEM. :oops:

The match. On a squally chilly morning, all 12 were out to be stars of the screen as 2 camera crews arrived to capture the action. Everyone was far too eager to impress and the coach gave us all a talking to, to be patient in the build-up etc, the game settled down and the agility and skill resumed. :thumbup:

Once again a very close match, with the Vivids having a perfectly organised squad, the Blues struggling with their formation, after going one down early on to an early Vivid goal, the Baby Blues strike back and take the lead with a wonderful brace of scintillating goals from Dave the not so new, the Vivids reply was an absolute stunner of a flying header from Clive the Nimble….WOW, with the blistering pace of this match the next few goals were a blur, I can report that Matt the Danny missed so many chances, his name has now been officially changed to Matt the Miss, the wind started to reverberate as the team played on in the eye of ‘Weather Bomb’ (Explosive Cylogenisis) with time running out the Vivids looked sure of victory, in the final minute Matt the Miss received the ball on the right wing, turned and moved to within striking distance to the calls of ‘SHOOT’ he checked and squared to the The Wok who planted the ball in the far corner to bring the game to a 4-4 draw. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

An incredible match with the force of Joe the Mighty evident as ever up front, Stewart the Voice put in a glittering display, Tony the wall strong and positive as always, Pete the Fast what speed and agility, Rob the Fit another luscious exhibition, George the Safe despite a first half injury went into goal and pulled off some incredible saves, Dave the New dominating the midfield, finally John the Nipper a sparkling talent in defence. :thumbup: :thumbup:

It has been said that we are like Chelsea and I really understand the comparison, with teams shivering with fear at the mention of the HAWKS over 50’s walking football team, and of course being led by Jose Galesy ‘The Special One’ (I leave it up to you to interpret the description ‘Special’) :crazy: :crazy:
Just a reminder troops training next week is from 09-30 as ‘The Special one’ has a prior arrangement being SANTA, now that conjures up some terrifying thoughts…………….POOR KIDS :oops:
With our final session next week before the festive break, we will miss our Thursday morning escapades. :thumbdown:

Finally, footage from the match will be available shortly, and a huge thanks to Cathy the WAG for all her efforts in the eye of the bomb :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap:
happyinspain

PreviousNext

Return to Hawks Walking Football