Forthcoming matches

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Forthcoming matches

Postby Allen » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:21 pm

Rip up the grass pitch because games get called off at the last minute due to weather. So pretty ironic that tonight's game against Bristol Rovers is off because we have a plastic pitch. But not much news anywhere on this - web, social or Trevor on the tannoy Saturday. Likewise i see on the Bognor website we're hosting them Saturday. Again no news anywhere. Does anybody know ? Probably safer to go to Horndean v Chichester..

COYH
Portsmouth Senior Cup Winners 2015 & 2017; Runners-Up 2016
Allen

Re: Forthcoming matches

Postby jubileepark » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:47 pm

I saw the details of tonight game being cancelled and moved to Bristol on the 27th via social media - along with the rest of the pre-season games.

I think the clubs favoured method for communication now seems to be twitter/Instagram etc.
jubileepark

Postby montyles » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:59 pm

I have been saying for ages the OS is not very forthcoming with info. I would like to see a decent laid out fixture list, not how it is on the OS. Also I hope we will be informed of the squad, and their squad numbers when the season starts.
montyles

Postby Tigerhawk » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:27 pm

Not a happy bunny, paid for a hotel room and train tickets only to later find out no away fans allowed at the Bristol Rovers match
If it's not about winning why do we keep score
Tigerhawk

Postby Pompeyred » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:20 pm

Tigerhawk wrote:Not a happy bunny, paid for a hotel room and train tickets only to later find out no away fans allowed at the Bristol Rovers match

Ah is that so? I was thinking of having a drive down after work too
Pompeyred

Postby shaun » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:54 pm

Official site has been updated and looks great :clap:
Proud member of the Looville Luvvies since 1979
shaun

Postby Brocky » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:14 am

Tigerhawk

Spoke to the BR Secretary about this and he said that it wasn't true and that fans would be allowed, subject to their local safety authority agreeing.

Who did you get the info from?

COYH!
Brocky

Postby Tigerhawk » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:22 pm

Trevor,

It was on their official website under Pre season updates - home fixtures, cut and paste below,

Our three remaining home fixtures against Swansea City (24th July), Havant and Waterlooville (27th July) and Oxford United (31st July) will all have supporters permitted.

Home fans with ticket history or purchasing a match ticket in the last five years will be eligible to purchase tickets. No away fans will be permitted for these fixtures. In order to purchase a ticket, you will need to activate your ticketing account on Ticketmaster, details of which will be sent to you shortly.

Also I emailed Bristol Rovers and this is the email I received back on Wednesday from Claire McDonagh, Supporter Services manager.

Away fans won't be able to purchase tickets but they can purchase streaming passes.
The regulations have been placed on us by SAG...
If it's not about winning why do we keep score
Tigerhawk

Postby Karen » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:41 pm

I can understand Rovers’ “No away fans” stance for the Swansea and Oxford games, where there is history in Bristol … but us? I was looking forward to a day at the cricket then stroll up to the Memorial Stadium …
Karen

Postby Andy S » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:08 pm

It was there in black and white, no away fans. If away fans are allowed how do we buy a ticket with no Bristol Rovers online purchasing history?
The whole thing has been a shambles. We should have told them to stick their game the moment Barton had a squinny about our pitch.
The whole point was to have a home game as part of the Jonah deal.
Very poor.
Andy S

Next

Return to Hawk Lounge