Football Kit

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Football Kit

Postby CyprusHawk » Thu May 13, 2021 6:21 pm

Hello. Just seen that the Home & Away kit for 2020/21 season is reduced in price to just £22.49 each. Please don't tell me we'll be getting another new kit for 2021/22 season after not really getting the benefit of attending matches in the current kit or seeing them that often wearing it online. I bought home & away kits then they were shipped to Cyprus and i had decals on mine so cost me about £110 - please don't say if i want the new kit i will have to do same again? I like having the new kit, i like supporting the team but what happened to a few years ago when all clubs were promising that they wouldn't change their kits every year but would do a minimum of every 2 years? I remember shirts had sellby dates on them stating when they would be replaced. I don't recall that it lasted a particularly long time. I know the club have struggled at times because of a lack of revenue at home matches but everyone has suffered, and i'm sure there are many who have lost their jobs too. So i appeal that perhaps (and i might have jumped the gun and the club may not afterall be changing their kit of course) they refrain for another season afterall it could yet be another covid one. thanks.
CyprusHawk

Re: Football Kit

Postby jubileepark » Wed May 19, 2021 12:54 pm

I hate to break it to you... but I'm told we will be having new kits for the 2021/22 season.

I can understand the frustrations of the people who purchased the 2020/21 shirts but I see it as helping the club with funds after a difficult period with very limited income - the same as the season ticket holders and sponsors of the cancelled season.
jubileepark

Postby PO6_Hawk » Wed May 19, 2021 3:30 pm

I think it's common place now for clubs to bring out new kits each season. It's a huge revenue stream, opportunities to bring in new sponsorship etc...
Long gone are the days of refreshing the home and away shirts over alternate years.
PO6_Hawk

Postby CyprusHawk » Thu May 20, 2021 4:13 pm

I guess you are right good stream, but the danger is some may decide not to buy it. I might not buy 2, might just buy one this time. Maybe buy 2 next year again etc.
CyprusHawk

Return to Hawk Lounge