Ayunga on his way?

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Ayunga on his way?

Postby CyprusHawk » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:53 pm

I've seen reports that Bristol Rovers are about to sign Jonah Ayunga. It would be a perfect fit for him i think, but not a big club by any stretch of the imagination. I assume there will be a fee? I assume it'll be decent and we'll have a sell on clause. We have Tommy Wright now i guess, with Roarie back and Danny Kedwell (will we get one more season from him). Still think we need another - suppose we have Ollie Dennett as well don't we. So 4 strikers. thats enough yes? Your thoughts on Deacon, Wright, Kedwell & Dennett.
CyprusHawk

Re: Ayunga on his way?

Postby PO6_Hawk » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:08 pm

Hopeful Kedwell & Bailey have another year in them, and that year is with H&W. Could Kedwell being local and with club connections be drawn back to Ebbsfleet in their hour of need?

If Ayunga does leave, and good luck to him if so, his goals will be hard to replace but seemingly Wright is highly spoken of so may fill the void. Dennett is a young lad with loads of potential so hope he will get a chance but you feel another proven goalscorer at this level is key for a promotion push considering Kedwells age and Wright played very little football last season.

I believe some players signed 2 year deals last summer, does anyone know who is under contract into next season?
Defense wise I believe Magri & Straker signed deals committing them to next season. Robson & Read would be great to retain.
Walton & Beckwith both struggled last season with injuries and being outdone for pace. Both may stay and be valuable but I feel both could be replaced. Possibly Cook stepping up as 3rd choice centre half behind Magri & Robson?

In midfield I wouldn't be surprised to see Drury leave. I think he is a good player and had a good first half of the season but seemingly never got back into contention following his winter injury.
Fogden, Bailey Taylor, Deacon would be good to retain.
Would Paul & Tarbuck be content being squad players for a further season? I hope one central midfielder can be signed.

This squad should challenge again next season if kept together, but a few key additions are required.
PO6_Hawk

Postby ade » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:24 pm

bristol rovers not a big club? :wtf:
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby Pompeyred » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:42 am

good luck to him, im fairly certain he would have still been off even if we had been promoted, its a good move to league 1 for the lad
Pompeyred

Postby CyprusHawk » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:34 pm

Kedwell & Tarbuck left club. Disappointed really but Kedwell was class when fit but i suppose slowing down. Help out locally at Ebbsfleet? Tarbuck -Gosport?

Hope we get suitable replacements in.

Beckwith, Walton, Bailey -Drury, have they all got another year in them?
CyprusHawk

Postby Pompeyred » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:14 pm

Bailey yes, I think the other 3 no. Interesting there’s been no press releases about them all as yet though

Undoubtedly good footballers who are getting on and lacking a bit of pace, beckwith, Walton and drury must be on a decent wedge too
Pompeyred

Postby King of Spades » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:24 pm

None of the 3 are huge surprises. Ayunga a good young player, top scorer with tons of potential someone was always going to take a punt on him, great opportunity for him to test himself in League 1
Kedwell was never a long term solution given his age, and Tarbuck didn’t establish himself as a starter when he returned so was always possible to look elsewhere

Interesting to see who we have coming in now. Goes without saying a striker is priority. Main thing we need with defence & midfield is consistency & stability, fewer injuries and forced changes hopefully
The lessons learnt from the FA Cup run still live on... Westleigh Park has better paper towel dispensers than Anfield!!

KOS visited grounds - http://www.footballgroundmap.com/king-of-spades
King of Spades

Postby Pompeyred » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:03 pm

Pompeyred wrote:Bailey yes, I think the other 3 no. Interesting there’s been no press releases about them all as yet though

Undoubtedly good footballers who are getting on and lacking a bit of pace, beckwith, Walton and drury must be on a decent wedge too

https://www.havantandwaterloovillefc.co ... t-2020-21/

Shows what I know!! :lol:
Pompeyred

Postby baz » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:34 am

The only real surprise for me is the departure of Nicky Bailey. I thought he was probably our most consistent performer this season.
Wonderful opportunity for Jonah, I think he needs to work on the consistency of his performances if he's to make it with BR, but I wish him every success and hope he becomes a favourite with Gas fans.

Be interesting to see who we bring in now, I'm sure there are plenty of negotiations going on, personally I would like to see a more diverse mix of experience and youth but I'm not sure the management always see it that way.

COYH
baz

Postby PO6_Hawk » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:36 am

Disappointing to see Bailey go. Not sure where he lives, assuming London way so possibly travel took its toll.
Or potentially hanging up his boots?
Either way will be a huge void to fill.
The club missed Brian Stock when he retired and I fear the same will be of this situation.

Cook leaving is a surprise. I though he looked promising but maybe wasn’t prepared to wait as 3rd or 4th choice centre half?

Otherwise no arguments about the others leaving. Best wishes to them all.

A few gaps to fill in the squad now! I’m sure some exciting replacements are lined up
PO6_Hawk

Return to Hawk Lounge