Meeting today?

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Re: Meeting today?

Postby Pompeyred » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:01 pm

Why should we, York and all the others in the play off positions just accept it though?

To cry it’s not fair might seem childish but when things are plainly wrong it needs calling out. The government direction came on Wednesday that play offs couldn’t happen and the NL closed ranks quickly after that. they’d soon be bairning if the EFL did that to them.
Pompeyred

Postby mark c » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:21 pm

I agree that the decision is wrong, but it has been made, let's just get on with it and stop trying to stretch it out further and prepare for next season.

There is absolutely no chance whatsoever of this being overturned,
The winners of the AGM Cup aren't going to change their minds and nor will the FA refuse to ratify it

I fully agree with everything that Dos has said about a stitch up but nothing will change

I will just chuck in though, I wonder if the decision made would have been different if it was say Maidenhead and Eastleigh in the two saved places
There's no such things as Rock stars, there's just people who play music , some of them are just like us and some of them are dicks
mark c

Postby Pompeyred » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:12 pm

So it appears the NL made up there own interpretation of government guidance.

They must now arrange play offs or promote second in step 2 or I can see the FA and EFL getting involved

after all this fuss it’s odd on we would lose a play off
Pompeyred

Previous

Return to Hawk Lounge