Meeting today?

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Meeting today?

Postby mark c » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:33 pm

I thought I'd seen somewhere that there is a meeting today to decide what was happening with regards to how the season is ended

Anyone got any idea on what has happened?
There's no such things as Rock stars, there's just people who play music , some of them are just like us and some of them are dicks
mark c

Re: Meeting today?

Postby Pompeyred » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:50 pm

It appears we are getting shafted. Step 2 can’t have play offs as we aren’t elite sport as per gov guidelines (we are classed as amateur) So they are only going to promote 1, wealdstone.

understand that the National League is proposing this method for deciding the season:

Places decided on PPG

Top clubs promoted

Play offs at Step 1 but NOT Step 2

Bottom Step 1 side relegated

No Step 2 relegation

Clubs have until Monday to vote on the proposal.
Pompeyred

Postby mark c » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:14 pm

Ah well, it is what is I suppose

Very disappointing though, whilst I thought that the only promotion would be for the gap that would be created by the promotion for whoever to fill the Bury gap I was quite happy to see Wealdstone go up, don't get me wrong I still am, they were the best team in our division imo

The thing I can't understand though is why only one is being relegated from NLP, it goes against everything that has been said about having the same protocol from the very top down.

We now might as well say that the Premier div is now a division of the football league and NLS/NLN is the pinnacle of "non league"

Congratulations to Wealdstone, deserved champions
There's no such things as Rock stars, there's just people who play music , some of them are just like us and some of them are dicks
mark c

Postby Pompeyred » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:30 pm

Stinks mate.NL Looking after there own

Quote from twitter

King’s Lynn chairman Stephen Cleeve said on Twitter: “So 11th hour problems – Govt only class elite football down to the National League so as it stands at the moment there cannot be any play offs in NLN and NLS. NL rules do not allow promotion from NLN and NLS without play offs so it would need a rule change for York and Havant.”
Pompeyred

Postby mark c » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:06 pm

Perhaps in hindsight its not the end of the world,
Hopefully we'll do the business on the pitch next season and hopefully with the club in a better financial situation we'll be able to make a decent attempt at cementing a long term place in the NLP.

I just wish the we hadn't put THAT letter into the public domain, because we will have to put up with a lot of knownothings gloating during next season, yes that's you obsessed Slough fans

Anyway onwards and upwards URH
mark c

Postby ade » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:56 pm

last week's fish and chip paper pal!

so long as nonleague plankton are having a pop at us we can be sure we are still the bastion of decency and class that twats can't deal with! :geek:
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby PO6_Hawk » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:49 am

mark c wrote:yes that's you obsessed Slough fans

And just like that this appears on the Slough forum:
"And Havant shouldn't be promoted as a couple of weeks earlier we were 2nd, that would be so unfair. All clubs agreed to the rules preseason so they can't change them now"
Tinpot

By that argument...
Wealdstone picked up 5 points from a possible 12 from the last 4 fixtures played.
Why is no one considering the possibility that their 3 point lead wouldn't have been caught over the remaining 8 games with 24 points to play for?!

And Slough picked up only 3 points from a possible 12 from their last 4 fixtures played.
Why is no one considering the possibility that they wouldn't have dropped out of the play-off's all together with that form?!

It is a bit of an impossible situation. A decision will never meet every club/fan base approval.
In my opinion If the season can't be played to a completion then I cant see an option other than deeming it null & void as I can't see a way to deem any team a worthy winner if other teams have the potential to overhaul them with remaining points available.
PO6_Hawk

Postby baz » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:29 am

It brings certainty for us now which has been missing for far too long. Unless, of course, a couple of teams from NPL decide to take voluntary relegation which in the present circumstances is always possible.

UTH
baz

Postby Pompeyred » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:00 am

Dos has put a pretty decent argument up on his twitter.

This isn’t over and I agree not every club is going to survive this, wealdstone weren’t even bothered about promotion if you read there statement put out a couple of months ago.
Pompeyred

Postby mark c » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:41 am

Good stuff there

This whole thing smacks of self preservation amongst the NLP teams, BUT can we just now accept that we're not going up by whatever means.

Let's just concentrate now on winning this division next season
mark c

Next

Return to Hawk Lounge