Alfie has gone to Dorking

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Alfie has gone to Dorking

Postby Pompeyred » Fri May 29, 2020 1:51 pm

Good luck to him and thanks, it’s a shame he felt he had to leave to get a game but you can’t blame him at all. On the face of it we got a transfer fee for a player who couldn't get in the team, that doesn't even tell about 1% of the story however

reunited with JP Dorking are going to be a serious team whenever we get back playing
Pompeyred

Re: Alfie has gone to Dorking

Postby jubileepark » Fri May 29, 2020 3:15 pm

Good luck to Alfie at Dorking.

If Alfie & JP9 can recreate the kind of partnership they had previously, they'll be a formidable front line.

Care to elaborate on the other 99%? or is it likely to become apparent in due course?
jubileepark

Postby matthew and son » Fri May 29, 2020 9:21 pm

I think it was common knowledge that alfie wasn't happy this last season, having to play a bit part so is anyone really that surprised alfies gone?
Just hope dos has someone in mind to replace alfie as brsides jonah we don't have any strikers that will last next season!
matthew and son

Postby Pompeyred » Fri May 29, 2020 10:51 pm

jubileepark wrote:Good luck to Alfie at Dorking.

If Alfie & JP9 can recreate the kind of partnership they had previously, they'll be a formidable front line.

Care to elaborate on the other 99%? or is it likely to become apparent in due course?

It was more about my comment that we got a fee for a squad player, he was so much more, only 21 Dorking must think themselves very lucky

Tommy Wright from Sutton coming in maybe??
Pompeyred

Postby Probably Shirts » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:34 am

Also, but so far unreported, I understand Bradley T has gone to Gosport.
Probably Shirts

Postby CyprusHawk » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:19 pm

Disappointed that Alfie moved onto Dorking Wanderers, but fully understand decision and i guess a fee involved, and disappointed if the Bradley Tarbuck move to Gosport is true as well, as he has been a great player for us, but then also if we're about to get lucky maybe and be promoted then we need to add proper strength to the squad and no point keeping players that are fringe ones i suppose. Also who would you like to bring in to replace Rutherford. Club stated they were working hard already to bring in a replacement for Alfie soon. So who should we sign, must be difficult to fully do/work out potential contracts when everything still seemingly up in the arms? Although EFL have now announced a return to league action on 20th June, so perhaps this will now trickle down and maybe we will have to play out the remainder of the seasons play offs. Doswell's record and ours in play offs isn't particularly great and now without 2 important players and still carrying injuries might prove tricky? SO wonder what and how it'll all pan out? Interesting times.
CyprusHawk

Postby trevorfj » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:36 am

Disappointed to be losing two of the younger 'local' players who have served the club well. I fear they may well return to bite our bum in future fixtures if, or when there are any. Good luck to them both.
trevorfj

Postby PO6_Hawk » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:26 pm

Sad to see Alfie leave and wish him the best of luck.

A little worrying as rumors of Jonah heading into the football league and Kedwell's age and injuries, it might not be the case of bringing in just one striker over the summer?

Seems strange to have these players leave before any decisions on potential play off games etc... but assuming contract end dates determine this.
PO6_Hawk

Postby CyprusHawk » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:24 pm

What rumours with Jonah going into football league? I've seen nothing, where are these rumours and what clubs are interested?
CyprusHawk

Postby Pompeyred » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:27 pm

CyprusHawk wrote:What rumours with Jonah going into football league? I've seen nothing, where are these rumours and what clubs are interested?

Lee Bradbury was at Dorking watching him for Crawley In the last game we played. I’d be very surprised if there’s not a queue having a look.
Pompeyred

Next

Return to Hawk Lounge