All remaining games cancelled

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

All remaining games cancelled

Postby King of Spades » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:39 pm

https://www.havantandwaterloovillefc.co.uk/national-league-statement-remaining-league-matches-to-be-cancelled/

Not too surprising. With no relegation from the North/South the majority of teams had nothing to play for and would only have financial negatives for continuing. Also means no contract expiration questions come into things and clubs can now figure out what they are going to do for next year

Season has not been voided though so the issue of promotion & relegation still up in the air. Football league wont want to start with 91 again so probably at least Barrow will be promoted I assume and from there its what the National League want to do with the extra space. Could easily relegate Chorley & promote the North & South leaders but both races were still very much alive. Top 2 from each if 3 drop from the National but its all up in the air at this point

This does mean that Jonah Ayunga has won the golden boot tho :thumbup:
The lessons learnt from the FA Cup run still live on... Westleigh Park has better paper towel dispensers than Anfield!!

KOS visited grounds - http://www.footballgroundmap.com/king-of-spades
King of Spades

Re: All remaining games cancelled

Postby CyprusHawk » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:08 pm

I know health and lives and the saving of business and clubs etc is more important, but i do have my fingers crossed for top 2 to go up in each of NLN & NLS. Relegate 3 from NL. Promote Barrow. No relegation from EFL. No relegation elsewhere. Some balance of 1 team will need to be in either NLS or NLN. So matches all cancelled, but season not been voided. So congratulations to Jonah Ayunga for golden boot.
CyprusHawk

Postby Pompeyred » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:47 pm

The Bury issue means the FL will want an extra team which I think does us a favour in the bigger picture. It’s quite hard to null and void the national league and then invite Barrow into the league, especially as they had to play the team in second place twice still.

A points per game situation seems the fairest way left, that means the authorities won’t consider it :) if they do and we are promoted in second place it will be tough on the other teams from third place down but I can’t think of any other outcome now.

It was interesting to see that wealdstone were desperate to cancel the season, seemingly on a financial standpoint rather than the fact they are in first place
Pompeyred

Postby Pompeyred » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:59 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52 ... um=custom7

As expected no play offs from national league, Barrow up and hopefully 2nd in NLS / NLN also promoted to expand the NL by 2 clubs....??
Pompeyred

Postby mark c » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:27 pm

To be fair it doesn't quite say that though

And just to keep expectations down a bit, as far as I can see is that if Barrow are promoted and no one is relegated from the EFL then there is only one place available in the NLP, assuming that no one is relegated, which is the way I see it from what I have seen,
Then if PPG is the way of deciding who goes up then Wealdstone have the best out of the 2 divisions, then Kings Lynn then us
That obviously doesn't take into account whether clubs would turn down promotions as Mr Dossie alluded to in his podcast last week, we would need 2 clubs to turn it down in my opinion

Having said all that I can't see that the NLP would be extended by two more clubs as that lead to a 50 game season.
I thought that if anything in the long run smaller divisions would be better

Although I did like Mr Dossie' idea of regionalisation, in the NLP, personally I would do it a bit further up
Imo, The NLP is in effect division 3 of the EFL, I would merge that and league 2 into North and South then NLS/NLN would become direct feeders into those divisions
Then the divisions below feed into those ie both Premier's Southern South and Isthmian feed into NLS, Southern Central and NPL feed into NLN, and the divisions below likewise

Who needs all this fuss with the FA Council and all that, I've resolved the whole issue :roll: :thumbup:
There's no such things as Rock stars, there's just people who play music , some of them are just like us and some of them are dicks
mark c

Postby Adam » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:58 pm

Have to agree with the K-man here. As much as I absolutely loved the away day Beanos in the National Prem, having 5 fully national leagues is totally bonkers. Regional from league 3 or 4 for me Clive. Maybe no regionalisation at all in the Trophy to keep those of us who like a nice day out happy :D
Reserves the right to randomly switch between "glass half full" and "glass half empty" on a whim.
Adam

Postby Pompeyred » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:21 pm

Adam wrote:Have to agree with the K-man here. As much as I absolutely loved the away day Beanos in the National Prem, having 5 fully national leagues is totally bonkers. Regional from league 3 or 4 for me Clive. Maybe no regionalisation at all in the Trophy to keep those of us who like a nice day out happy :D

I’d prefer that, national cups, regional leagues. I’ve a feeling most chairmen in League 2 and the NL would snap your hands off without ever admitting it publicly.
Pompeyred

Return to Hawk Lounge