Who is left

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Who is left

Postby robert ellam » Thu May 09, 2019 8:25 am

Do anybody know who is on the retain list and staying at WLP next term. Not much being said on the official site. :thumbup:
robert ellam

Re: Who is left

Postby jubileepark » Thu May 09, 2019 8:35 am

I think the only certainty is Alfie Rutherford.

The official twitter feed promised some "exciting breaking news" this morning!
jubileepark

Postby Adam » Thu May 09, 2019 10:02 am

I think I saw somewhere that Wes was out of contract but in negotiations?
Reserves the right to randomly switch between "glass half full" and "glass half empty" on a whim.
Adam

Postby Andy S » Thu May 09, 2019 10:13 am

Hi Bob, I noticed Chris Paul’s name was slipped into the list of the departed in The News the other day.
Obviously, Alfie being able to stay was the best bit of news on Tuesday - but I certainly didn’t think the arrival of a 35-year-old free agent from Sutton Utd warranted a seven-hour countdown on the twitter page. Mind you, we’ve had a 24-hour warning ahead of today’s ‘breaking news’ so let’s wait and see what unfolds.
Andy S

Postby PO6_Hawk » Thu May 09, 2019 10:14 am

I believe Alfie Rutherford is confirmed on a 2 year deal.

Bradley Tarbuck is also confirmed pending his fitness to start pre-season training.

I also heard both Ben & Wes were in negotiations.

Confirmed as leaving are Williams, Strugnell, Harris, Woodford, Rose, A Robinson, Carter & Lewis.

That leaves Pato, P. Robinson, Huggins, Banjo, Jaloh, Sekajja & Paul along with Lee Molyneaux.
With the greatest of respect, I believe that list should all leave with possible exceptions of Pato & Paul.
Suppose Paul Robinson is unlikely to stay with his injury record and Pompey commitments...that said we have just signed an older, injury prone centre half so who knows!
PO6_Hawk

Postby jubileepark » Thu May 09, 2019 11:28 am

I've been told there's a rumour that Wes Fogden & Paul Robinson could be heading to Gosport as part of the management new set up? Can't really see it myself, but you never know in football.
jubileepark

Postby ShatnersBassoon » Thu May 09, 2019 1:50 pm

Andy S wrote:Hi Bob, I noticed Chris Paul’s name was slipped into the list of the departed in The News the other day.
Obviously, Alfie being able to stay was the best bit of news on Tuesday - but I certainly didn’t think the arrival of a 35-year-old free agent from Sutton Utd warranted a seven-hour countdown on the twitter page. Mind you, we’ve had a 24-hour warning ahead of today’s ‘breaking news’ so let’s wait and see what unfolds.

Yeah you best get used to that. Lots of countdown bollocks to announce someone who you may think is underwhelming, or in terms of the kit means bugger all. But Beckwith is actually a pretty good signing even at his age. You won't get him playing Sat/Tues/Sat/Tues but is a real solid CB. I expect you'll get most of the Sutton cast offs too and that will be the nucleus of the squad. When Dos took over at Sutton, he kept 2 players out of a squad of 20, and he is the sort of man who will repeat things that worked for him before (e.g. saying in his first interview that he wants to put the smiles back on the supporters faces, which is exactly the opening line he said at Sutton). At Sutton he literally got every Eastleigh player he could playing for them for years, and he will do the same for you guys. But saying that, you will be certain to be top 5 next season. Just don't expect to win a play off game.
ShatnersBassoon

Postby funland » Thu May 09, 2019 2:35 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see Nathan Ashmore signing for the hawks . :thumbup:
funland

Postby ShatnersBassoon » Thu May 09, 2019 2:43 pm

funland wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see Nathan Ashmore signing for the hawks . :thumbup:

You'll get Ross Worner before you get Ashmore. And that's isn't a bad thing! :thumbup:
ShatnersBassoon

Postby CyprusHawk » Thu May 09, 2019 5:40 pm

Nathan Ashmore on retained list at Ebssfleet and still contracted, so there would need to be a fee i guess. Ross Worner, ex Sutton just released, so he's more likely and i wouldn't be at all surprised to see him sign. Ben in negotiations. I'd like both so they can compete for the No1 Jersey.
CyprusHawk

Next

Return to Hawk Lounge