CHANGE AT WLP

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

CHANGE AT WLP

Postby Brocky » Sun May 05, 2019 1:24 pm

Guys

Please can you give the Club a chance to make some quite fundamental changes with a bit of patience?

As you know we are moving from being a traditional Tues/Thurs part-time team to one that trains mornings and therefore will be better placed to return at some stage to the National League and thrive.

In order to do this we have gone through the painful process of letting people go who couldn't commit to the new regime. Some were offered the opportunity to continue with us but unfortunately their day-time occupations got in the way. They leave and new ones come in, that's football! We thank them for their services and wish them well in their future footballing careers.

I think the majority of our fans could see that relegation, in part, was caused by us being a part-time team in a largely full-time League and change was needed to avoid being in the same position again should the team get back.

The appointment of Dos has allowed the Club to address what is needed to put things in order for the future.

You have no need to worry concerning players. We have already agreed terms with several excellent National League standard players and retained the services of a handful of existing ones. Due to FA registration rules we are unable to announce their arrival at WLP until certain dates have passed. You may have to wait to find out who they are but you will not be disappointed.
There are no guarantees in this game but these are real quality footballers.

Dos is a very open engaging character and is happy to engage with the fans. We will be organising a "Meet the Manager" forum shortly and would like to see as many of you there as possible. Details will be released shortly.
Other initiatives the Board are working on are an exciting new season-ticket price, a re-vamped official web-site, organised away travel (so please support it!) and a new Commercial Management structure.

An exciting Pre-season friendly programme has been put together (details published soon). We start on Saturday July 6th so come along and meet the new players!

Dos has arrived as a breath of fresh air! Speaking for myself I feel re-energised and I am sure you will be as well.

So I ask that you all be patient and good things will follow. Success cannot be guaranteed but we will be competitive this season.

Get on board and enjoy the ride

COYH!

Trevor
Brocky

Re: CHANGE AT WLP

Postby King of Spades » Sun May 05, 2019 4:09 pm

Its a legendary Hawks team thats breaking up so thers going to be some sadness around. Players that took us places we'd never been, both good and bad! Tipped for promotion and relegated, back to back titles including the ever elusive National South. And they earned every bit of the success they had, it was right they got the shot at the National last year even if it ended the way it did

That being said I 100% think that the changes are necessary at this point in time. If it's not done now then we as a club will be left behind as the teams around us continue to progress. While making sure that noone in the squad will ever be forgotten at WLP for what they accomplished the last few months have shown the limit has been reached in the current format, and if we don't make this change now we will end up like a Basingstoke just unceremoniously dropping down

The excitement for the new season will come when the announcements start coming through but for now the main focus is the end of an era the fans will never forget!
The lessons learnt from the FA Cup run still live on... Westleigh Park has better paper towel dispensers than Anfield!!

KOS visited grounds - http://www.footballgroundmap.com/king-of-spades
King of Spades

Postby CyprusHawk » Sun May 05, 2019 5:17 pm

Thanks Brocky. I agree it all feels fresh, it all feels very exciting, its a shame i'm 2000 miles away, but i'm back on 8th August for 3 weeks so hope to get a couple of matches in hopefully, and back on 22nd December for 2 weeks, so hope to do the same then too. I think its a brilliant appointment and both him Bairdy and Galey will i'm sure be a huge success. A lot has happened since his appointment which was only a week ago, so all very positive. My only disappointment is seeing Rory Williams departing, but there will always be casualties when changes occur, and we have to make the most of what happens as a result. Onward & Upward. A new kit to come too i hear, and online availability too. Can't wait. I assume i'll be able to purchase online and get delivered to Cyrpus?
CyprusHawk

Postby RKelly » Mon May 06, 2019 11:03 am

Very well said Brocky, excellent post and some very exciting news! Having supported the club since November 2000 this is the biggest shake-up I've witnessed at WLP, and I'm loving it! A whole new world, can't wait for the new season to start. Sad to see a lot of the lads leave, but as you say Brocky…...that's football!! Looking forward to seeing the new faces arrive. Lets all get behind the Hawks!!!
RKelly

Postby Adam » Tue May 07, 2019 8:16 pm

Brocky wrote:We will be organising a "Meet the Manager" forum shortly and would like to see as many of you there as possible. Details will be released shortly.

Official club Twitter : 14th May @19:00
Official club Website : 16th May @ 19:00

:clap: *but slowly*
Reserves the right to randomly switch between "glass half full" and "glass half empty" on a whim.
Adam

Postby ade » Tue May 07, 2019 10:08 pm

tuesday it is ads, hope the london hawks can make coz I GUARANTEE you'll love it....
course we get things wrong, but the difference is we're putting it out there and ain't paranoid! :o :geek:
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Return to Hawk Lounge