2019/20 Signings

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

2019/20 Signings

Postby PO6_Hawk » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:57 am

With the news Rory Williams has committed to next season does this put to bed the rumors of moving full time?
I have no idea what jobs the current squad have but I would assume many would not be able to take the gamble of committing full time with current jobs, family commitments etc...?

Rory has had a frustrating season with injuries and as a defence being under the cosh a lot. Here's hoping he can re-capture his form from the two promotion seasons.

Any chance with the lesser travel involved in the conference south that Jason Prior could be tempted back?!
Or are the chances that Dorking will be in for a few of his 'mates'?!
PO6_Hawk

Re: 2019/20 Signings

Postby CyprusHawk » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:30 pm

I've read a couple of times that has stated regardless of whether we stayed up or were relegated we were turning full time, but i can't see that happening, there hasn't been an official statement released about this situation i don't think and i think given the recent attendances starting to fall, they'll fall back in line again next year. If we can get around 1000 at home games that'd be good. As for signings, getting Rory WIlliams signed up for another year is fabulous, he's our best player and we really miss him when he's not playing. We miss Brian Stock and need to replace him if we're going to have any chance of promotion back to the NL. It's gonna be a massive ask - especially with Aldershot Town, Maidstone United and Braintree also relegated and it'll be completely different next season. Then there could still be Bath City, Dartford, Hampton, not forgetting Jason Prior's Dorking, perhaps we could re-sign him??? We need a bit of an overhaul with the squad i think. Far too many loanees in. We have done the NL once, so we're geared up for another go now. We need a proper back up goalkeeper in my eyes, better defence, afterall nearly worst defence in league this term. We need to get some proper fire power upfront to help Alfie. I guess the usual suspects of Fogden, Lewis, Tarbuck, Robinson, Harris, Williams, Dudzinski, Carter, Rose, think Sekajja will do well in NLS, Then there is Paterson as well. So a few additions to strengthen defence and Midfield. Exciting stuff. Perhaps some season NLS players to take us up again.
CyprusHawk

Postby PO6_Hawk » Wed May 15, 2019 9:28 am

Confirmed Signings so far:

Goalkeeper
Ross Warner (Sutton)

Defenders
Dean Beckwith (Sutton)
Anthony Straker (Bath City)

Midfielders
Benny Read (Horndean)
Wes Fogden (Retained)
Brad Tarbuck (Retained)

Forwards
Jonah Ayunga (Sutton)
Alfie Rutherford (Retained)
PO6_Hawk

Postby CyprusHawk » Wed May 15, 2019 10:02 am

Despite only the other day Ebbsfleet announced contracted players, they've now said that deals only were until end of May and as such a number of players are now allowed to leave on free transfers, this list includes former Hawkster NATHAN ASHMORE. If Ben isn't staying and theres been no mention that he is, then surely if we're serious about going back to NL we'll need great goalkeepers as part of the squad. How about Ross Worner and Nathan Ashmore. Be difficult to keep them both sweet, but is it realistic? How would you feel? Would Nathan be welcomed back?
CyprusHawk

Postby Ed Harris' Pint » Wed May 15, 2019 10:09 am

CyprusHawk wrote:Despite only the other day Ebbsfleet announced contracted players, they've now said that deals only were until end of May and as such a number of players are now allowed to leave on free transfers, this list includes former Hawkster NATHAN ASHMORE. If Ben isn't staying and theres been no mention that he is, then surely if we're serious about going back to NL we'll need great goalkeepers as part of the squad. How about Ross Worner and Nathan Ashmore. Be difficult to keep them both sweet, but is it realistic? How would you feel? Would Nathan be welcomed back?

It was confirmed last night that only one keeper can be signed which is Worner. Not enough in the budget to have two GKs.
Ed Harris' Pint

Return to Hawk Lounge