East Thurrock

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Re: East Thurrock

Postby matthew and son » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:49 pm

How fickle we are as fans!! At half time i know i wasnt alone in calling for tarbs and theo to be taken off!! What a totally different performance 2nd half!!
Its a game that will go down in folklore.
matthew and son

Postby montyles » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:36 am

Tremendous second half, got to give a bit of credit to E Thurrock, after playing so many games in the last couple of weeks, it was pretty inevitable they would tire, but they never actually gave up, good on yer. I thought my MOM was Stocky, he see a lot of the ball last night, and not many misplaced passes, love him to be our leader next season. Must have been around the 1000 mark attendance last night, could be nudging 1500-2000 Saturday. Please no more flares, dont let us jeopardise what can be a great finale COYH
montyles

Postby cherryhawk » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:00 am

Great result last night.

All the best for Saturday, from a frequent attender at Jubilee Park back in the seventies.
cherryhawk

Postby baz » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:56 am

Jubilant scenes at the final whistle last night, but lets not kid ourselves, we have won nothing yet. Concorde have always proved to be obstinate opponents and I'm expecting nothing less from them on Saturday, we will undoubtedly need to be patient and make sure we take our chances when they come along.

For an hour we were awful. I thought we were trying too hard from the off to get the goals needed which meant we kept constantly lumping balls forward that were getting us nowhere. Rory's goal from the free kick was the only piece of quality we showed in the first half. East Thurrock, despite their tough schedule of games, were giving it a go and gave our back 3 a few uncomfortable moments. The second goal after an hour was key. The East Thurrock players were visibly showing signs of fatigue, and as hard as they tried, they couldn't hold back the waves of pressure we exerted in that last half an hour.

I agree, Stocky was my MOM, his passing throughout the game was impeccable and his delivery of free kicks into the box would test any defence.

Still going to be tense on Saturday, but we've put ourselves in a much better position than we were 24hrs ago.

COYH
baz

Postby James » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:00 am

Another amazing game!

I’d have taken a 2-1 win at half time. I definitely didn’t see that scoreline coming. But what a 2nd half!

The Thurrock goal seemed a bit of a fluke from where I was and it seemed to set us back a bit. But then I think Thurrock tired towards the end and you could also see the confidence coming back into us once we went 3-1 up.

Amazing scenes and it all seemed a bit of a blur at times :wtf:

I’d be feeling a bit annoyed if I was a Dartford fan this morning.

But amazing opportunity for us now. We just have to make sure get the job done with a win on Saturday. It’s all in our hands. UTH! :)
James

Postby Scott » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:47 am

So, would I be right in saying any win by the Hawks on Saturday, and Dartford will need to better it by 4 clear goals, in which they'd take the title on goals scored?
never get out of the boat, absolutely god damned right, unless you were going all the way...
Scott

Postby revandyw » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:27 am

Scott wrote:So, would I be right in saying any win by the Hawks on Saturday, and Dartford will need to better it by 4 clear goals, in which they'd take the title on goals scored?

Yes, except that it's 3 goals not 4.
revandyw

Postby Scott » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:00 pm

revandyw wrote:
Scott wrote:So, would I be right in saying any win by the Hawks on Saturday, and Dartford will need to better it by 4 clear goals, in which they'd take the title on goals scored?

Yes, except that it's 3 goals not 4.

Assuming we have won our game for it to be on GD, then our goal difference will increase by at least +1, so it becomes 4 doesn't it? So 1-0 Hawks win is GD 40, Dartford would need to win by a 4 goal margin to match that, and so on.
never get out of the boat, absolutely god damned right, unless you were going all the way...
Scott

Postby wallace » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:22 pm

I agree with Revandy. If we score 1 then they need 4 we get 2 they need 5 etc.

First and foremost we must win the game
wallace

Postby Phil T » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:32 pm

Excuse my ignorance but if Dartford better our score by 3 goals wouldn't they win the league due to more goals scored?
Phil T

PreviousNext

Return to Hawk Lounge