Player of the Season

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Player of the Season

Postby James » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:58 pm

I just noticed that there is a link on Facebook to a vote for the hawks player of the season.

The link is here:
https://www.poll-maker.com/poll1931631x0e684314-53
James

Re: Player of the Season

Postby James » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:01 pm

Voting closes 5pm this Wednesday.
James

Postby baz » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:46 am

Tough decision this year, some great performances, but my vote goes to Wes for his outstanding commitment and consistency every time he takes to the field. But there are also 5 or 6 other worthy candidates that are also deserving of the award.
baz

Postby Andy S » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:57 am

I agree Barry, a tough decision. Everyone has been outstanding. Between Wes and Ryan but for 21 league clean sheets so far and two of the best saves we’ll ever see in our lifetimes my vote will be going to Ryan. COYH.
Andy S

Postby wallace » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:07 am

Agree that Ryan and Wes have been superb I would also throw Rory in to that category
wallace

Postby Scott » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:49 am

20 league goals, 26 in total...#toughcrowd 8-)
never get out of the boat, absolutely god damned right, unless you were going all the way...
Scott

Postby Lee C » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:17 pm

without being too disrespectful.....how is Andreas Robinson winning the poll :wtf:

He has played well when in the team as have all the squad members.
Surely player of the season would go to someone who has either kept 21 clean sheets, Scored 20 league goals, won countless MoM awards, selected for National South squad of the week/month/season.

Im not sure that this poll is reflective of fans opions.

I couldn't single out any particular player so Ive voted for everyone :clap: ...........Yes it is possible :lol:
Lee C

Postby Adam » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:04 pm

As I've only seen a handful of games, it would be improper for me to vote, but Rory has really impressed me in every game that I have seen - a rampaging flying full-back in the style of Chris Arthur (who, when I looked today, appears to be playing for Kingstonian :shock: )

Would be a very tough call for me between him and Wes - with Wes possibly being unfortunate because he does it every single game like he always has, so it's not really a surprise anymore, it's *just* Wes being Wes!
Reserves the right to randomly switch between "glass half full" and "glass half empty" on a whim.
Adam

Postby Andy S » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:37 am

Glad the club pulled the plug on the online poll where currently Charley Tuttle is tied with Wes with 32 per cent of the vote and a whopping 617 votes. Once people realised you could vote multiple times this system was always going to be open to abuse. I hope to see a good old fashioned cardboard box and voting slip system in place tonight. Then all Hawks fans can have a vote. Not everyone is on twitter and Facebook.
Andy S

Postby King of Spades » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:26 pm

An open poll like that is easy for anyone to hijack, not the thing to use for the official POTS!
The lessons learnt from the FA Cup run still live on... Westleigh Park has better paper towel dispensers than Anfield!!

KOS visited grounds - http://www.footballgroundmap.com/king-of-spades
King of Spades

Next

Return to Hawk Lounge