Chelmsford

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Chelmsford

Postby baz » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:18 pm

Another very impressive win on the road. Absolutely Incredible that we've only conceding 10 league goals away from home this season, got to be a record at this level unless someone knows different!

Just got to do the business on Wednesday and Saturday and make sure we capitalise on the chances we undoubtedly will create.
Nail biting stuff!

COYH
baz

Re: Chelmsford

Postby warren » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:58 pm

I had a bad feeling about today's game, so rather than being hooked to Twitter like usualy, I went for a long walk along the Newfoundland coast to clear my mind and think about other things. I should do that more often, what a great result.

Realistically we've got to thrash East Thurrock on Wednesday now. Not going to be easy, they are a good side with pride and no game is this league is a gimme, so winning will be hard enough. But given that game will be their 3rd away game in 5 days we have to be at the races from the get go and try to break free of some of the shackles.
Come on you Hawks.
warren

Postby Probably Shirts » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:06 pm

I have to be honest, I really thought this was the one that would cost us the chance of the title. I had a bad feeling about it, a draw at best.

So I am absolutely made up about it. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I know Dartford have "only" got Bognor next Saturday, but I trust them to be fighting for their pride, and fancy Ben Swallow and Harvey Whyte to... no I don't. :(

Getting today's game out of the way with a win was fantastic, but these two final matches must not only be won, but I think if we are to be certain of being champions they must be won by a combined five goal margin (and that assumes Dartford only win by two goals at Bognor).

It's still a big ask, but we do have the players who can do it. :thumbup:
Probably Shirts

Postby King of Spades » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:27 pm

The goal as early as it was was a real nerve settler, the second was vital as Chelmsford had looked good and capable of pulling it back at any moment until it went in. Second half our defence did what our defence does best, limit them to virtually nothing. Dont think Young was troubled in the second half as we held them back and looked dangerous ourselves when we went forward. Allround one of our best performances of the season and at a crucial time

As close as this season has been at the top it really had to come down to something like this. Assuming the 3 games are won its purely a case of whoever scores more will be the champions!
Wednesday is a huge opportunity to put pressure on for the final day. At least a 3 goal win puts us top and may be crucial. From here every goal matters!
The lessons learnt from the FA Cup run still live on... Westleigh Park has better paper towel dispensers than Anfield!!

KOS visited grounds - http://www.footballgroundmap.com/king-of-spades
King of Spades

Postby James » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:49 pm

A massive, massive win! An amazing performance too.

Chelmsford are a good team and it can be a very tough place to go and get a result. I think our championship challenge would have been pretty much over if we had lost. But really we controlled the game from start to finish. It was very enjoyable and a pleasure to watch.

Very pleased with the win and the way we played. 10 goals conceded away from home all season is incredible! That must be some sort of national south record?

A great atmosphere and fantastic support behind the goal too. Definitely an away day that will live long in the memory for me.

We now have to beat East Thurrock on Wednesday and just try and score as many as we can! I think it will go down to the wire and will probably be decided on goal difference.

It’s going to be a very exciting week. UTH!
James

Return to Hawk Lounge