pssst... anyone notice? we won the HSC again!

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

pssst... anyone notice? we won the HSC again!

Postby Probably Shirts » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:07 pm

Can't believe no-one's been on here speaking about it.

Did I dream it?

Were those St Mary's floodlights dazzling my brain as well as my eyes?

How did our lads get booked and that thug of a number 4 stayed on the pitch?
Probably Shirts

Re: pssst... anyone notice? we won the HSC again!

Postby Allen » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:39 pm

Spot on probs...utterly beggared belief

Absolutely delighted... champions again of, for my money, the world’s greatest club knockout cup competition

Now for Saturday
Portsmouth Senior Cup Winners 2015 & 2017; Runners-Up 2016
Allen

Postby montyles » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:47 pm

Great night, only one team was going to win it, could have been there another couple of hours for B&L to really have troubled us .Robbo well deserved MOM. The coach was good value, with a tasty curry before the trip, and good banter and atmosphere on it.It would be nice to think we could do this more often when we are in the big time.
montyles

Postby King of Spades » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:22 pm

I thought B&L were decent in the second half. First we had all the possession and had them penned into their own half, slice of luck on the goal when their keeper flapped at it but a deserved lead at the break. They had a few chances in the second half, Molyneaux heading off the line was an important one! Then in the end a couple of quick goals finished the game off, Hayters never going to miss with that kind of time and space and a classy header from Prior about a minute after he came on

2nd Hampshire Cup in 3 years. A potential 3rd Portsmouth Cup in 4 years next month too but there are 8 days coming up that could eclipse it all!
We've got one trophy, beat Chelmsford, East Thurrock & Concord and we may well have an even bigger one next Saturday!
The lessons learnt from the FA Cup run still live on... Westleigh Park has better paper towel dispensers than Anfield!!

KOS visited grounds - http://www.footballgroundmap.com/king-of-spades
King of Spades

Postby ade » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:05 am

yep, I had a cracking evening :P :P

hope everyone has a great/ safe trip tomorrow and something gives :twisted: :twisted:
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby Andy S » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:23 am

EPL nonsense. Me and Hamster were asked who we supported and then were told this is the Blackfield turnstile. The Havant one is down there. Blimey, are you expecting trouble? At our gate, what’s in the bag. A flag. Has it got a fire safety certificate. Yes. Can we see it? Yes. OK that looks fine but we just need to find the fire safety officer to confirm it. Ten minutes later we got in but missed the kick off. Attendance: 710. Obviously not a hint of trouble and to the best of my knowledge no one was looking to set fire to any flags. Just to clarify, the stewards were very friendly as they went about their jobsworthery. A good win and most importantly no injuries. Thought Charlie Tuttle was excellent.
Andy S

Postby ade » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:39 pm

yep, charlie immense :thumbup: also great to see alfie whits and marley in starring roles :clap:

but just how good and comforting was it to see the enforcer strolling about like he owns the ******' gaff :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

gives me the ******' horn....

#back4therunin
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby Allen » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:04 pm

btw Probs you'll be bemused to hear the B&L #4 (Byrne) was sent off in their very next game (4-2 defeat to Baffins on Sat)
Portsmouth Senior Cup Winners 2015 & 2017; Runners-Up 2016
Allen

Return to Hawk Lounge