Match Report and Photos from St Albans

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Match Report and Photos from St Albans

Postby GRTourist » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:38 pm

Hi,

I was a neutral at the game today and have put together a match report with photos. Please feel free to have a look, comment etc and feedback is always appreciated.

https://thegrassrootstourist.com/2018/04/14/havant-waterlooville-fc/

Apologies for the intrusion and good luck for the rest of the season.

@GRTourist
GRTourist

Re: Match Report and Photos from St Albans

Postby BBB » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:49 am

I think this is a quality review and much welcome on this site. When we do well everything gets torpid around here with little or no meaningful discussions at all.
You're right that we should have bagged a hatful before half time. However a quality performance like that gives encouragement should we end up being nutted on the line and have to play 2 extra games.

A few other other potential discussion points:

#1 I've followed the Hawks for 5 seasons and would say that Young's save at Welling is easily the best save I've seen?

#2 Was JP's goal yesterday the goal of the season?

#3 I'd suggest Theo Lewis is as good a header of the ball as I've seen for some time?

#4 If we are fortunate enough to be promoted, what do we think needs addressing OFF FIELD rather than on it?
BBB

Postby blueisle » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:47 am

Great write up but need to do your homework .
Prior wasnt Bradbury 1st signing.

As for needing addressing for nxt season .
It has to be the pitch.
4G please chairman unless were moving to a new stadium .
blueisle

Postby montyles » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:46 pm

4g is ok for this league and the national, but I believe it is not acceptable in the top tiers, as I understand Sutton would do away with theirs if they get promoted.
montyles

Postby ade » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:51 pm

GRTourist wrote:Hi,

I was a neutral at the game today and have put together a match report with photos. Please feel free to have a look, comment etc and feedback is always appreciated.

https://thegrassrootstourist.com/2018/04/14/havant-waterlooville-fc/

Apologies for the intrusion and good luck for the rest of the season.

@GRTourist

no in trusion at all, mush :wave: MORE than welcome. could i share the photo of jason in front of the stand on facebook :geek:
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby ade » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:52 pm

blueisle wrote:Great write up but need to do your homework .

As for needing addressing for nxt season .
It has to be the pitch.
4G please chairman unless were moving to a new stadium .

but westleigh park is wonderful :shh: be madness to move away from such a populated catchment area :ugeek:
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby GRTourist » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:29 pm

blueisle wrote:Great write up but need to do your homework .

Duly noted. I did in fact do my homework - I just need to do it better. I misread the H&WFC website saying Prior was his first signing prior to the 16/17 season. Amended, so thanks for the feedback!

ade wrote:
no in trusion at all, mush :wave: MORE than welcome. could i share the photo of jason in front of the stand on facebook :geek:

Absolutely, not a problem at all. If you were able to put a link to the report on it that would be hoofing...
GRTourist

Postby Probably Shirts » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:03 pm

Amazingly fair and detailed match report, very well done. :clap:
Just to clarify the bit about blood on Tom Bender's face:
About five minutes before the incident with Ryan Young, he collided with Prior near the home dugout and he ended up crashing into the barrier. That was when he hurt his face, he and Prior were chatting about it after he'd had treatment for that initial incident.
Looking at the St Albans' OS video he collided with Young and took another knock to his face as he did so. :roll:
Probably Shirts

Postby baz » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:49 am

First half performance was up there with many impressive displays we've shown this season. We were wasteful in front of goal but apart from that we were totally dominant in that period. Super goal from Jason, totally out of the blue and all round great performance from him throughout the game. Second half was more scrappy and even although we did have a couple of good opportunities to increase our lead. We do appear to be efficient in seeing out games these days opposed to earlier in the season but it would be nice to settle the nerves down by taking more of our chances when they come along.

Still, we cant have everything, whatever happens over the next three league games its been a fantastic season for the Hawks. If anyone had told me at the start of the season we'd be challenging for the title in mid April I would have directed him/her to the lunatic asylum!

As for the discussion regarding the best of Youngy, the one he made against Wealdstone was much better because it was from closer range. Just my opinion, but I accept the Welling effort was impressive.

COYH
baz

Postby RKelly » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:12 am

What an excellent report and super photos! You are welcome back anytime...best H&W match report I've seen in years! Thank you! :thumbup:
RKelly

Next

Return to Hawk Lounge