gloucester city thread....

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

gloucester city thread....

Postby ade » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:52 pm

can't wait to see my hawkpals tomorrow AND saturday :P

NEVER have we been so unified and frollicky to achieve our aims 8-)

#lgbth #lgfalw #coyh #haslemerehawks #hhc #loovilleluvies

the hhc are a pwoper nawty firm....
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Re: gloucester city thread....

Postby matthew and son » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:27 pm

Hoping to be there for both. Weather permitting!! Just me tomorrow mate, but wife and alfie on Saturday.
All big games from now until the end of the season!

Looking at a cheeky few days away for the truro jaunt as well!
matthew and son

Postby ade » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:25 am

see you tonight, pal :thumbup: :wave:
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby mosside » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:14 am

Well a 2-1 win in a game where we simply weren't at our best. However a win is a win and lots of factors contributed to what ended up being a strange game in many ways.

Firstly Gloucester clearly came for a point (as most teams do) and they were slowing the game down even before the sending off. The sending off changed the game as from that point Gloucester really just sat in their banks of four and had very little else. We looked ok first half and kept the ball well. We always looked threatening when we played it around, however despite this we seemed to prefer going aerial which simply didn't work.

Second half the goal we conceeded was just
plain daft, these things happen. We then had a dodgy 5 minutes, regrouped, got the goal and went on to win. Gloucester's players ultimately paid the price for their own silly antics. I get it, I really do but there is a line and a couple of times their time wasting crossed it which the ref should have dealt with.....

This brings me on to the ref. Awful, frankly clueless. Firstly he didn't see the sending off and had to consult the linesman, despite the fact everyone else in the ground for see it. Personlly I have to be honest and say I dont think it was a red. Yes you can't raise your hands, but it wasn't a red for me.

From then on I felt the ref really let the Gloucester players time waste with impunity and never really gripped it. Away from the time wasting an incident in the second half summed his performance up for me where one of the Gloucester City players kicked JP on his follow through after making a clearance, and somehow ended up with a free kick. It was one of a host off odd decisions that Just didn't seem to make sense.

Then we have the incident with our bench. Frankly embarrassing, as were the supporters who clapped them off. The whole chain of events was tin pottery of the highest order.

We also seem to be developing a little group of younger lads who were in the terrace behind the goal who were far more interested in goading players than supporting the team. Yes give the oppo some stick but lads claiming to be shagging the keepers mum who probably need their own mums permission to be out so late is embarrassing again........

All in all got what we needed, and frankly ill take that in every game from here in........
form is temporary - class is permanent
mosside

Postby matthew and son » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:26 am

Are you for real?? Ref had no choice but to send him off!!
I personally thought the ref had a good game.
Someone sounds a bit of a grump!!
matthew and son

Postby fishcake » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:26 am

Agree with Mosside; ref was awful and should have stamped out the blatant time wasting.
The red was a red for me, you can’t raise your hands on another player, even though his reactions were a bit theatrical.
Anyway onwards and upwards.
fishcake

Postby mosside » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:56 am

I see your point re arms raised just for me it was all a bit hand baggy. If you genuinely thought the ref had a good game then our perspectives must be different. Gloucester took the piss out of him.

As for being in a grump I wouldn't say that, I just kniw that over many years we have prided ourselves on giving stick but staying within certain boundaries. Some of the personal abuse was ridiculous aimed at their keeper who to be fair to him handled it well.

Any comment re the incident around our bench?
form is temporary - class is permanent
mosside

Postby lammy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:34 am

Well I for one thought the referee had a decent game. he was put under huge pressure by them from 15 minutes in to abandon the game and he was strong enough to ignore them. Yes, i accept they were time wasting from the sending off onward but most teams would in those circumstances. He made allowances for the conditions and managed to see the game through to a conclusion in very difficult conditions.
However rather than focusing on the ref I just wanted to congratulate our team. It was so hard to play football last night and then to go behind to a goal like that it would have been easy to lose heart and give up. However we kept going created chances and gained 3 very valuable points. We have this marvellous habit of finding a way to keep winning. So proud of them.
Finally a word of thanks to Martin and his team for getting that game on - a superb effort.
lammy

Postby shaun » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:35 am

Looked like it wasn't going to be our night when Gloucester went in front with us struggling to create much against ten men. It would have been easy for us to feel sorry for ourselves given the nature of the goal, even if it was a fantastic effort from their guy. However, we showed great resolve to come storming back, and the only surprise was we didn't win more comfortably in the end.

I thought the ref was just fine. Was strong enough to stand up to their pleas to get the game abandoned after the (nailed on) red card; the numbers 6 and 10 spent most of the first half following him around the pitch. Wouldn't expect him to see the incident as the ball had long gone, but his assistant would have had a great view of it.

As far the time wasting, I've seen far worse than that, both from opposition (mainly Essex) and ourselves ;)
Proud member of the Looville Luvvies since 1979
shaun

Postby Chazza » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:47 pm

I agree with the sending off and as someone mentioned you can't raise your hands to someone and not expect it to be dealt with. However, Bradley did raise his arms/hands to a Gloucester player in retaliation twice and didn't get a card. When will players learn to stop taking these risks? We weren't at our best against 10 men - its something we often struggle with historically. However, all said and done - it was a game in hand we really needed to get 3 points from to add to Dartford pressure and we did just that! So job done, lets move on and get another 3 on saturday!! Happy Days. COYH!
Chazza

Next

Return to Hawk Lounge