A Poole Town 1-3

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

A Poole Town 1-3

Postby Scott » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:35 pm

Am I in a multi-verse parallel universe where you win 3-1 away from home, go to within 3 points of the top of the table with 3 games in hand, and no one makes a single post about the game!? :crazy:

Is it a case of :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent:
never get out of the boat, absolutely god damned right, unless you were going all the way...

Re: A Poole Town 1-3

Postby montyles » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:43 pm

The posts will happen, we are in dreamland, dreaming of what could be :wave:

Postby baz » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:04 pm

Quietly confident Scott, but still a way to go yet and there's still 4 or 5 teams who will still fancy their chances.

Unable to go yesterday but relieved we saw it through in the end. I was not that upbeat to see that Poole had a sending off early in the game as we have struggled in the past to find a way to break down 10 man teams, but we do play much more on the front foot these days and the hope that sustained pressure will bring the results.

Good to see Josh Huggins back, could give us extra cover at wing back should Bradley pick up an injury. The key for me is keeping Wes fit, he is the driving force of the team, and you always feel you're in with a chance whilst he's on the pitch.

Postby quentin » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:48 pm

My first and probably only fixture this year, exiled in Glasgow as I am. At the end of a hectic and complex week of travel I managed to swing by Poole for this one.
A match of two halves I'd say. First half we let Poole have too much of the ball and they we're definitely geed up by the sending off of their goalie. I could not for the life of me understand why the Poole boss was moaning about the sending off on BBC Radio Solent after the game. From my view the goalie took Alfie out, clean as a whistle. He didn't hang around to argue with the ref either and walked straight off. Clever De Bruyne style free kick from Rory to put us ahead.
Clear penalty for Poole's equaliser and don't know what Robbo was thinking when he pushed their lad.
Second half different story. We kept posession and ground them down. Left it a little late but a poacher's goal from Theo and a stretch from Wes at the back post drew the game to a very satisfactory conclusion for us. No surprise that both late goals stemmed from crosses from our wing backs.
I'd agree with Baz, Wes really shines with his foresight and subtle passing. Probably my MoM yesterday but Rory was excellent too.
Onwards and upwards.

Postby James » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:27 pm

A fantastic win yesterday especially with the other results going the way they did. Things are looking good. Only 3 points off the top and with 3 games in hand.

The team played well yesterday and everyone played their part in difficult conditions.

It's still very tight at the top though. Just 7 points covers the top 8 teams. We just have to keep it going and keep doing what we have been doing.

I would say this is possibly the best Hawks team I've seen. We have quality and strength in every position. I also don't see this team "bottling" it like we might have done 2-3 years ago. I think we are much more confident, stronger and experienced than that now.

It's exciting times to be a hawks fan. Let's enjoy it. I think quietly confident sums it up very well. COYH!

Postby lammy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:39 pm

What a dramatic few minutes around 4.50 on Saturday.
At 4.45 we are slipping a significant 8 points behind Dartford and within 5 minutes we are in front and they are behind. Down to 3 points and everyone is starting to believe.
Having seen the highlights i thought the sending off looked harsh. I think the fact that it was outside the box actually didn't help the keeper. if it was in the box and he made the foul going for the ball the most it can be is a penalty and yellow card. Outside the box you can still send them off even if they are going for the ball.
Still that doesn't worry us. We did what we needed to do and late winners are what promotion sides manage to find.

Postby brummie » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:28 pm

where did you see the highlights

Postby Probably Shirts » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:25 pm

brummie wrote:where did you see the highlights

They are on the Poole Town OS
Check out the latest Walking Football news at:
Probably Shirts

Postby lammy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:18 pm

Brummie, if you go on the National League website - thenationalleague.org.uk then click Match Info and Results you can find the highlights from most of the National League, National North and National South games each week. They are usually up by Sunday afternoon.
Rather sadly I tend to work my way through all of them :think:

Postby warren » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:21 am

I'd be very upset if I were Poole. Having seen the highlights, that's simply not a red card offence. It's not deliberate, and it's not even clear he was caught. And it's definitely not a clear cut goalscoring opportunity whatever.

That being said, horrible conditions - banks of 4 etc and a great morale boosting winner near the end. Teams at the top need to win games like this, and we did. Lets hope the fixture backlog doesn't grow.
Come on you Hawks.

Return to Hawk Lounge