Braintree Last night

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Re: Braintree Last night

Postby Gibbo!!! » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:26 pm

Cant believe u all in this delicate situation, I no look at r Premier League friends Portsmouth a nu Management seems 2 hav fixed the relegation problem they r in but u neva no in football, coz the AFC Wombles is where we shall turn it around, u no treat it like a cup match. As for us fans we've gotta get behind the players Galey and co. or els we will be in the sticky stuff if we dont believe we can stay up. :idea:
Gibbo!!!

Postby King of Spades » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:26 pm

Patrick - why can't we be relegated because we are financially sound?? Am I missing something here??
Given the current climate and the number of clubs in financial difficulty, its been seen as unlikely all seaon that the bottom 3 will be the 3 to go down. Someone wont get the luck and their finances will get the best of them and they will have to be docked points, relegated or worse (eg Weymouth) because of it, and our cup runs have put us in a great position to survive it
So we should be safe if we finished 20th, or maybe still even for 21st. But of course nobody wants that scenario at all, we want to win games and get up to mid table so we can push on next season!
The lessons learnt from the FA Cup run still live on... Westleigh Park has better paper towel dispensers than Anfield!!

KOS visited grounds - http://www.footballgroundmap.com/king-of-spades
@KOSkingofspades
King of Spades

Postby Turfhawk » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:26 pm

Read a lot of peoples comments about Braintree. Sounds like we were once again playing narrow hoof it long football which doesn't work for us. Every time we play it we seem to come a cropper. Like someone else said we can play good passing football. When we play this way using our wingers ie; Charlie Henry etc we give other teams a lot of greif so why do we keep resorting to narrow footy which seriously limits us and gives the opposition a foothold in the game. Every time i've watched us play this way we've been poor. PLEASE keep the ball down and pass it lads cos I can see some bloody good players out there who just need to play together.Just one more thing.I can see what a good goalkeeper Scriven is but can he please pass it out rather than just booting it upfield hoping it gets to one of our players.We don't need to kick and hope.Be there Saturday hoping to see a more positive side than what turned out against Braintree. If not we're gonna get stuffed :|
They're there for the taking!
Turfhawk

Postby RKelly » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:27 pm

Thanks King of Spades for the explanation. I'm aware that Fisher are in serious financial trouble, and of course Weymouth but I'm not aware of anyone else likely to go into administration. As you say, we can't afford to take the chance and finish in the bottom three though.
RKelly

Postby Schipps » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:34 pm

Amazing isn't it ?! At the start of the season we were talking about a strong push for promotion. Now it seems some people are hoping that the financial difficulties at other clubs will keep us up :!:
Schipps

Postby lammy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:37 pm

hey you moaners that went to Braintree. The manager today said it was only the worst performance for 2 months which infers the it was better than home to Dorchester, Bromley, Worcester....etc.
Sounds like you saw one of the better ones :thumbup:
lammy

Postby King of Spades » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:43 pm

It cant have been worse that Worcester! Worcester wouldve still won 2-0 had they not bothered turning up!! :shock:
The lessons learnt from the FA Cup run still live on... Westleigh Park has better paper towel dispensers than Anfield!!

KOS visited grounds - http://www.footballgroundmap.com/king-of-spades
@KOSkingofspades
King of Spades

Postby simon lynch » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:51 pm

But weren't all those three home games more than two months ago? If he's saying the worst for two months then he's probably right, but if he'd said worst of the season, it would have included those games...
...and for my money it was worse than those three games anyway!
Old blokes can find new technology too...I'm now tweeting on @SimonNLynch
simon lynch

Postby Saftlad » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:32 pm

underthenewstand wrote:Gale is a good manager for the cups but over a season just isnt the right man. if Bognor get there points back then they are just 5pts behind us, which if the club has the ideas of going higher then the coaching needs to be looked at.

I think Bognor accepted the penalty, and the timeline for any appeal has now passed. Could be wrong though, too many guinnless :sick: at lunchtime
Remember, Hawks are for life, not just Christmas

Devon Hawks Exiles
Saftlad

Postby rich » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:37 pm

I've heard said that all the clubs who have been docked points this season through this process are going to petition the league to say the rules need to be changed/made clearer. I think they're trying to regain their points enmass with a protest.

However, this is the football conference we're talking about. Be easier to shift Everest.
rich
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Hawk Lounge