Braintree Last night

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Re: Braintree Last night

Postby nath » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:40 pm

this isnt good. ive never seen malc post like that. the last few months....well this is where the nerves kick in. the squad has to understand here and now........WE HAVE TO KNUCKLE DOWN AND GET SOME FIGHT IN TO OUR GAME.

i remember our last dogfight vs the drop and for gods sake please keep the bloody ball ON the ground. im pretty sure galey dont tell you to hoof it and hope for the lucky touch
No we can't turn back, we can't turn away
Cause this time we are relying on the last solution
No we won't lay down and accept this fate
Cause we're standing on the edge of a revolution!
nath

Postby Gunther » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:00 pm

Maybe we should have listened to Billy all those months ago :!:
Think it is time to make a change before situation gets even worse(if thats possible) otherwise it might be too late :(
It just seems strange to me how they can play some real decent football in the cup but when it comes to the league they play totally different and lose to some teams who are quite frankly pants!
Seems to me the players put the effort in the cup but are happy to hang around this league and maybe Gale isnt the man to change this around which is sad really as he seems a decent bloke.
Gunther

Postby King of Spades » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:13 pm

I keep thinking back to one point this season
When we played Hampton we hit it longand created nothing for the first half and the start of the second. Then Rocky Baptiste came on and got the ball around the area frequently, he held the ball until he got support, then he played little pases here and there and within 10 minutes we had 3 great opportunities and scored from one of them (it then went 9v9 which can never be accounted for lol)
I think we underestimated how much we would miss a player like him. He scored, held it up for others and we were scoring when we played like that. I think we need a player who will do what he did, either a striker like that or one of our midfielders like Holloway who will step up and take control of the game from the middle

We have a lot of good players, but unless they start linking up better and spraying the passes around to make chances for the strikers and open more space we cant say we have a good team
The lessons learnt from the FA Cup run still live on... Westleigh Park has better paper towel dispensers than Anfield!!

KOS visited grounds - http://www.footballgroundmap.com/king-of-spades
@KOSkingofspades
King of Spades

Postby underthenewstand » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:23 pm

Gale is a good manager for the cups but over a season just isnt the right man. if Bognor get there points back then they are just 5pts behind us, which if the club has the ideas of going higher then the coaching needs to be looked at.
Proud sponsor of Nic Cardini`s Left Peg for 2014/15 season
underthenewstand

Postby McMalc » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:31 pm

had time to reflect on last night and can't get it out my head. Last night we hit to many long balls towards Luke and Craig who were never going to win anyhting against 6ft wide defenders. Luke to me controls the ball and holds the ball brilliantly did last night, But had NO ONE running through to make a run and feed of him.

Craig huffed and puffed but didnt get any service to create anything the positives well lets see Gasson excellent yet again in CB MOM for me last night Elphick nuff said always gives 110% as does Simps.

Their goal well we the fans standing over 100yrds away down the other end of the ground all heard Srivs shout away the next thing the balls in the net no blame to Srivs what so ever from where we stood.

Now to the players WE FANS sang our hearts out last night almost non stop right to the end we have the passion for the fight now lets see it from you guys.
McMalc

Postby Trout » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:02 pm

Simple fact of life is nice guys in football generally dont win.

This reminds me a lot of the Leworthy era, he was a great clubman, his Youth team record spoke for itself, we all loved him and campaigned for his appointment but it soon became apparent that he wasn't right for the job. :(

Shaun is hugely popular with the supporters as a man and a person, always approachable and likeable, that doesn't mean he makes a good manager. :| He has brought together a good set of players but they have no team ethic or motivation.

They motivate themselves, when they feel like it, most are highly paid premadonas who have done it already and are quite happy to come here and take a good wage without really having to push themselves, and ultimately it will fall on Shaun's head. I feel sorry for him in the fact that highly regarded players have let him down so much. It is his job to motivate them though and if he isnt able to do that then unfortunately its time to go.

For months Hawks have been putting up a staunch united front, mainly against the dirtbags from down the road, to the fact that we have ended up with the better man, in the better position and can also take the moral high ground.

Secretly we all know that's a load of boollex and for all his many unlikeable qualities, and the unsavoury company he keeps (our ex players who we used to support) he is a cut above Shaun as a Manager and we have seriously lost out in this deal.

Keep the moral high ground, sure. But its time everyone opens there eyes and stops this us and them, Baird and Gale competition and get on with the job of keeping this club in the Conference South, because there is a real possibility of relegation.

Rant over, see you all again soon :D
Trout

Postby Adam » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:16 pm

*insert high five smiley here*

Can't disagree with too much there Trout.
Reserves the right to randomly switch between "glass half full" and "glass half empty" on a whim.
Adam

Postby lee » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:39 pm

yep agree with the thoughts above.

Personally i really cant see where a win is going to come from im worried that now we could go down i havent thought that really before.

We have too keep going as fans its al we can do really

lee
For LIVE Commentary on Hawks matches please go to http://www.southcoastsportsradio.co.uk/
Any view expressed on here are purely my own and not associated with anyone else or any other company.
COYH
lee

Postby Gibbo!!! » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:06 pm

Evry1 calm down, i didnt go last nite, and by the sounds of it the players just need 2 go out with a winning mentality. I mean i no we were away but u no, evry game the players need2 think lets giv it a right go, I mean if we go down we can at least go down fighting and with pride for are players. Most importantly, no manager sacking please, I mean u look at teams who've had their managers for a while they are relatively stable so Galey and the backroom staff are the people 2 keep this team in Conference South or 2 get them back up if the worst happens. (but we wont think like that coz it wont happen) :thumbup:
Gibbo!!!

Postby RKelly » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:07 pm

I couldn't go last night but things must have been really bad for Malc to post his message - this from one of our most loyal and honest supporters. I said a few weeks ago that the worst thing that could happen would be to drop into the bottom three and i asked whether the players had the heart for a relegation battle. It looks like last night gave an answer to that question - and it's NO they haven't.

We have had problems all season that just haven't been addressed no matter how many times they have been spelt out on the message boards - no decent strikers, not playing as a team, stupid long-ball tacticts, mid-field not effective, and so on. But what has been done about it??? Oh yes.....let's sign 10 midfield players!! Great!!!! I agree with the post regarding how much we miss Rocky - he simply hasn't been replaced.

Patrick - why can't we be relegated because we are financially sound?? Am I missing something here??

The big question is what can be done to change things at such a critical time of the season?? Can we risk bringing in a new manager??? Can we risk keeping faith with Galey??? I really don't know what the answer is, but something has to change otherwise WE WILL GO DOWN!!! and I really can't bear the thought of watching my beloved Hawks in a lower division next season!!! I am seriously worried - especially as Saturday v the Dons is now a must-win game.

Finally to those people who think we should bring in Steve King - what exactly did he do at Northwich to get them out of trouble????
RKelly

PreviousNext

Return to Hawk Lounge