How are the Hawks doing?

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

How are the Hawks doing?

Postby Chas » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:38 pm

Half time must be there i'm guessing it'll be 0-0 and nothing appearing on conference south guide, anyone know the score?
Chas

Re: How are the Hawks doing?

Postby mucky matelot » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:46 pm

mucky matelot

Postby Lee C » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:49 pm

According to Blue Square South it is still 0-0

I usually use the www.nonleaguefootballlive.com/vidiprinter but the site seems to be down at the moment
Lee C

Postby duanes » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:09 pm

1 0 down 60 minutes
duanes

Postby duanes » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:42 pm

lost 1 - 0 and according to a friend there we were poor
duanes

Postby Chas » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:48 pm

heres now hoping for a draw! disaster if we lose as we've got Wimbledon on saturday - if we're not careful we're going to be dragged into the relegation zone
Chas

Postby King of Spades » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:56 pm

Wimbledon has pretty much become a must win now, not exactly what we want :?
The lessons learnt from the FA Cup run still live on... Westleigh Park has better paper towel dispensers than Anfield!!

KOS visited grounds - http://www.footballgroundmap.com/king-of-spades
@KOSkingofspades
King of Spades

Postby Chas » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:58 pm

It is official - BBC log it as
Braintree 1-0 Havant & Waterlooville

awful result. I think we're starting to look like we could be in a bit of trouble. Luckily Basingstoke lost. No goals again, only conceding one but a lack of goals and who have we got. Paul Booth still injured/certainly doesn't look 100% fit, Craig Watkins gives everything but doesn't score many goals and Luke Nightingale holds the ball up well and has 2 goals to his name in 20-odd appearances. i bet between them they've scored less than 10 league goals between them! Why aren't we in the hunt for someone who can score goals? We've a team of midfielders, and Eastleigh have just signed Bertie Brayley and although not the most fashionable player - he'd have been worth a punt until end of season as he has still scored more goals than our current crop. Whats the answer - i'm not sure, but i find it odd Galey hasn't signed at least 1 striker in last few months. We had all 3 new signings tonight didn't we? Hinshelwood, Fogden and Castles? We're running out of time. Hopefully a big crowd on saturday can lift the players and get a positive result. At best tonights was a point dropped i think - i mean we have only won 2 games in 5 months and we've not lost loads of games recently and they've been by odd goal so surely a striker should be top of the shopping list. Or is the answer now just to survive and regroup for next season? Bitterly disappointed..................................................................................
Chas

Postby King of Spades » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:09 pm

Brayley is a big miss, we really couldve done with him! He was one of Chelmsfords best players according to what I saw on their forums when he left
Watkins will chip in with goals here and there, hes a second striker tho not the lead man. Booth has never looked fully fit to me, I think he has a problem that maybe cant be solved short term. And nightingale has scored 5 this season, 4 penalties

We need a new striker who will score and we need one now!!
The lessons learnt from the FA Cup run still live on... Westleigh Park has better paper towel dispensers than Anfield!!

KOS visited grounds - http://www.footballgroundmap.com/king-of-spades
@KOSkingofspades
King of Spades

Postby warren » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:13 am

I maintain our lack of goals is down to lack of service from the midfield. No chances = no goals. Was saying the same thing back last April, was saying the same thing in November, will say the same thing now.

It seems like we're trying not to lose games rather than trying to win them.
Come on you Hawks.
warren

Next

Return to Hawk Lounge