Board Reboot

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Re: Board Reboot

Postby King of Spades » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:39 pm

Nice new boards ^^ Will take some getting used too tho!

Maybe we should have a separate section for Travel since those posts can get lost in here sometimes??
The lessons learnt from the FA Cup run still live on... Westleigh Park has better paper towel dispensers than Anfield!!

KOS visited grounds - http://www.footballgroundmap.com/king-of-spades
@KOSkingofspades
King of Spades

Postby Harry the hawk » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:41 pm

Made it as well. Good work Rich
Let's Go For A Little Walk
Harry the hawk

Postby nath » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:38 pm

rich this is quality!!!1

the crawleykiller i was but ive changed my name along with the board

roll on saturday
Don't you wanna spread your wings and fly?
Don't you really wanna live your life?
Don't you wanna love before you die?
What are you waiting for?
nath

Postby rich » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:44 am

Many thanks for all the, er, thanks. I'm pleased the new look is well liked.

Having spoken to a few people last night I realised that I probably didn't make it clear why this change came about - it wasn't a whim - the place I have hosted the site for the last nine years was shutting the service down, so I needed to move to a new company. As the old board software is outdated and no longer supported by the people that make it, it made sense to use the latest version. There is a straightforward process for converting the old boards to this new style, but unfortunately due to the ancient nature of the old server, it wasn't possible to back up the old boards to bring them over.

So it wasn't something that happened because I felt like it, it was that or no site at all in a fortnight when the old server gets bodily thrown out the window. As said, when that does happen, the old .net address will bring you here instead - which is why no links/banners etc have been changed.
rich
Site Admin

Postby Karen » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:24 am

It does also seem to be quicker - particularly when going to the next page of a thread (or perhaps I've just picked a quiet time at the moment when the rest of the NHS is working rather than browsing ... er, as of course I will be in just a minute: job descriptions here I come!)

Thanks agin, Rich.
Karen

Postby nigel » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:05 pm

Rich,

this is marvellous - not just because it looks great but also because I can post on here from work whereas I couldn't before! :clap: If this continues you may just have to put up with some drivel from me on a regular basis :thumbup:

Bring on York, missed the trip last season :cry: so for me it is a new ground :D
nigel

Postby mark c » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:31 pm

:thumbup:
mark c

Postby The Undertaker » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:13 pm

simon lynch wrote:
lee wrote:no that was delebrat ask mosside

As was your spelling of the word 'deliberate', eh Lee?

You mean, after deliberation, Lee deliberately miss-spelt the word deliberate by accident?? Or following all due deliberation determined to use his spelling faux pas to deliberately spell the word deliberate indiscriminately... :geek:

I rather like the interesting array of smilies we have to pay with; but then, I'm a bear of very little brain and easily pleased. :wave:
YOU work it out!

I blame the kids. Either way, I'm not using my real name any more.
The Undertaker

Postby matt » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:18 pm

great job rich on the boards.......any chance that you could set up a closet hawk forum so our friends drom down the road dont hijack this one??? :silent:
matt

Postby rich » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:19 am

It should be faster in general Karen. I've noticed the pages of the site that use the database heavily, like the apps lists, come up quicker. I'm also hoping that it will stop the number of errors users get too; I know the news page etc used to have a tendency to throw a wobbly and not show anything now and again. It should be all good :thumbup:
rich
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Hawk Lounge